Employment Chat Archive

Date: November 22, 2005
Host: Gordon Reiselt

View Transcript | Archive Index For All Legal Chats

Negotiating the federal workers' compensation maze is one of the last things that most federal employees expect to participate in. The maze offers plenty of challenges, not the least of which is recovering from the injury. Where do you turn, what should you do? Submit your questions to attorneys Gordon Reiselt during the event. The one-hour chat begins at 9 PM ET on November 22nd.

GORDON REISELT has been in private practice since 1974 and has been representing federal injured workers for approximately 10 years before the U.S. Department of Labor. Gordon is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh with a Bachelor's Degree and a graduate of the Duquense University School of Law. He is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the New Mexico and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, the Allegany, Philadelphia, and the Albuquerque Bar Association.

Currently, Gordon's primary interest and concentration in the practice of law includes representation of Federal injured workers under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act and the Longshore Workers' Harbor Relief Act.

"I enjoy representing Federal injured workers because our legal system has created a void in representation for this particular group that needs to be filled," Gordon said. "The most important thing that I do in my job is to give solid advice to workers who are often in an injured and confused state."

Live Chat Transcript

LINDAwhite: "i have been on worker comp, total disabitlty for 22 years, how long does it take to be given a settlement, thank you"

Gordon Reiselt: "Hello. It is now 7:26 pm and I have had problems trying to sign on. Should anyone sign on now, please post you message and I will try to answer it. Thanks."

Gordon Reiselt: "LINDAwhite: "i have been on worker comp, total disabitlty for 22 years, how long does it take to be given a settlement, thank you""

Gordon Reiselt: "If you are receiving federal compensation, there are no settlements. It is that plain and simple."

Gordon Reiselt: "Seems to be slow tonight. Should anyone arrive later, please post your question to the Board and I am sure it will be timely addressed by someone. Good evening."

My Community

Community Membership New Users:

`