Sheriff Sale PA

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-15-2010 11:02 AM by adjuster jack. 5 replies.
  • 05-14-2010 12:41 PM

Sheriff Sale PA

Hi I recently had a sheriff come to my house and list just my car I own for property. I am married and was thinking I can add her to my title so she can claim joint property or goods claim or what ever that is. I just need a bit more time to get the money so I need to delay it. The judgement was small claims court about 1500. Please help, thanks!

• 05-14-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: Sheriff Sale PA

If there is aleady a judgment against you then it is too late to transfer the car title.  It would be considered a fraudlent transfer that can be voided by the court.

• 05-14-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

What about claiming joint property anyways? Will they then have to prove it? I just need more time will that extend it a bit? Thanks for responding!

• 05-14-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

That's not going to work either. It'll also be fraud. And the sheriff has instant access to your DMV car title record.

PA has no vehicle exemption from judgment.

Keep in mind that failing to pay your debt has been going on for a long time and you are down to the do or die time.

Either pay up or lose your car.

Or file bankruptcy right now. That stops the sale of the car. But the bankruptcy will cost you more than the judgment and a bankruptcy lawyer will want the money up front.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 05-15-2010 4:45 AM In reply to

Thx for the replies guys! I think I will make it, my wife and I take out a loan against her 401k every year to pay down debt this should be the final year and we will be debt free! I was just concerned because the check will be over-nighted on the 15th of next month and the sale is on the 23rd. Can you pay up to the day of or day before? The payroll center advised the check will be cashiers and will clear instantly *fingers crossed*.

• 05-15-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

taintedthunder12:
    the check will be over-nighted on the 15th of next month and the sale is on the 23rd. Can you pay up to the day of or day before?

You probably can.

Trouble is, if you are sending the check to the lender and the sale is being done by another company, the car might be gone before the processing of the check goes through the lender and the results go to the sale company.

I don't know what you would need to do to prevent that, but just don't sit back and assume everything gets taken care of properly just because you overnighted the check.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community