How long to process scheduled award?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 10-27-2008 5:44 PM by ChadP1960. 3 replies.
  • 10-25-2008 4:38 PM

How long to process scheduled award?

I submitted my Ca-7 for my scheduled award in May. My doctor's paperwork with the rating didn't get in to DOL until the end of June. Here is is, almost November, and I haven't heard anything. Four solid months have gone by since they got the paperwork from my doctor and my CA-7.

I called DOL and the person I spoke to said the claims examiner hasn't touched it so it hasn't even been sent by the claims examiner to the medical review.

Is it normal for it to take 5-6 months, even much longer for the rating to be reviewed? Is there nothing I can do about it? I call but the CE never calls back. I write, but the CE never writes back. Should I stop waiting and give it a few more months before pursuing further? Info from anybody who has been through this is helpful - thanks !
  • 10-27-2008 8:13 AM In reply to

• Kivi
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-01-2005
    • CA
    • Posts 6,054

Sad [:(] re: How long to process scheduled award?

Yep. 9 to 15 months seems to be the norm in the SF office.
  • 10-27-2008 5:44 PM In reply to

re: How long to process scheduled award?

wow - so even though my injury happened three years ago now.... and I have been at MMI since January..... and the CA-7 filed since May..... it could be next summer before I get the scheduled award. I know better than to ask if they pay interest on the delay of payment. So I guess there is no incentive for them to hurry.
  • 11-11-2008 11:42 AM In reply to

• jnp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-17-2006
    • Posts 22

Feedback [*=*] re: How long to process scheduled award?

I've just received my second schedule award this year for both of my shoulders. Each time i submitted for an award i wrote to my congressman a couple of weeks afterwards and surprise!! I received my schedule award within a few weeks after contacting my congressman. Give it a try.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community