Sue a judge, child services, and court appointed attorney ?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:48 PM by Aleah999. 39 replies.
  • Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:06 AM

• Ms. Howard
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 26 2010
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Sue a judge, child services, and court appointed attorney ?

I need a lawyer who will help me - I have been wronged by a court system and am in a emotional wreck - has went on since my daughter was 12 (she will be 18 in april 2011) I have contacted several attorneys and they want too much money down. Will someone please help me.

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:10 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 49,655

Re: Sue a judge, child services, and court appointed attorney ?

You problem as posted won't be a winnable one anyway I can think of--

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:34 AM In reply to

• Ms. Howard
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 3

what u mean ?

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:37 AM In reply to

• Ms. Howard
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Re: Sue a judge, child services, and court appointed attorne...

I dont know how else to word it but to say I was wronged and need help.

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:50 AM In reply to

You can search for a lawyer here by using the search feature in the upper right.

• Thu, Aug 26 2010 12:34 PM In reply to

• LynnM
      Lawyer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 3 2000
    • CA
    • Posts 28,248

It is HIGHLY unlikely you can sue a judge or child services.

If you have a malpractice complaint against a lawyer you should have filed it with the state bar when it happened. Six years later is too late to act.

• Sat, Mar 19 2011 3:01 PM In reply to

I have the same problem in stark county ,Ohio! judge gave costody of my son to his grandmother (i was never ever found unfit) i appeald and won(appeals court agrees ,that i should have costody),but judge still will not give my son back! actually judge is forcing me (and only me)to pay $1000 in 10 days for a GAL, or i will be found in contempt! we told judge i can't afford it(i'm low income),but he said he didn't care! also the judge refused ev that i had,showing my son was using drugs at grandmother's and he also refused to have my son drug tested!!! i'm looking into suing as well!! i do know you can contact (office of disciplinary counsel the supreme court of ohio) and file a complaint!!! if this is your county and possably same judge? maybe together we can stand?

• Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:35 PM In reply to

Do your research! A judges immunity from liability only exists to the extent that the judge is doing the work of the Court.  If it can be proven that an act of a judge was outside his judicial role, then his judicial immunity is compromised.

Don't give up your rights, the system works for you, not rules you!

Have the judge RECUSED... if he/she refuses, research further, but you will need a really good attorney! Keep in mind a judge was once an attorney and an attorney never wants to compromise his/her reputation becuase they work for the corrupt system, not the people. You need an attorney that works for the people!

Don't give up!

• Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:02 PM In reply to

Angel,

...FYI - you only have 10 days to recuse a judge from the day of misconduct of any or all CANONS!

Remember if an attorney has to work with this judge, they won't stand up for your rights, they stick together! So beware of attorney also!

make sure your attorney is working for you, i can't express that enough!

• Wed, Apr 6 2011 9:36 AM In reply to

• Ford
      Lawyer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 16 2000
    • Posts 12,797

JudgeJustice:
    Remember if an attorney has to work with this judge, they won't stand up for your rights, they stick together! So beware of attorney also!

You are a pinhead.  Attorneys work for money.  Judges recognize when we are working, even though they may not agree with us.  Some of the best discussions I've had with judges are something like "remember that time I really ***angry you off?"

• Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:26 PM In reply to

• LynnM
      Lawyer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • CA
    • Posts 28,248

You have no idea whatyou are talking about. Lawyers are NOT worried about judges liking or not liking what they do.

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 6:19 PM In reply to

• uncommon7
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • OH
    • Posts 2

Actually, there are a good many attorneys who are passionate about people's rights, the Contsitution and the overall integrity of our system. Generalizing with a "beware" sticker is cutting your nose off to spite your face (particulary in this forum), not to mention behaving like those whom you are accusing--is it not?

The best way to "handle" a judge outside his/her scope, is utilizing the system that is already in place: A formal complaint to your state's Supreme Court. As much as I have been disgusted at the gross malfeasance (did I spell that right?) of a couple judges, I respect the fact that if the system allowed just any suit to come along upon them it would deteriorate the integral working of the system as a whole. However, there are ways to hold them accountable. If you cannot understand that, I suggest you brush up on Civics 101. (And no, I am not being sarchastic.) They are honored and protected with high regard for good reason.

As far as suing child services, successful suits occur a lot more often than most realize. This is due to lack of publicity (which is usually intentional), and the facts that 99.9% of the time it is in the state court. But there are many successful suits against child services. A mother in Los Angeles, CA just settled a major suit against such an agency (et al) recently, and there are many popping up all over the US. Louisiana attorney, Richard Ducote, has brought many a successful suit against several such agencies. The biggest difficulty is getting an attorney to take such a case--and not keep it in merely a state court. Maybe we can just clone Ducote? 'Would be nice. I've been looking for such an attorney myself!

What is happening daily to our children and families, like has happened to you, is so wide-spread. Even the John Walsh Show made comment from a study performed that "children are 11 times more likely to be abused (including molestation) in a foster home than in their natural homes, and 7 times more likely to die as a result of that abuse." Court records (again, in LA) show that in 2003 a Los Angeles County child services agency lost another suit on appeal and the court was forced to review over 40 thousand cases--where they found 60% of those children should have never been removed in the first place (etc). The stats are lengthy. This is not just about you, or one or two cases in isolated states/municipalities. It is a long-overlooked epidemic. Well-prepared suits, properly addressing the fraud (upon the court, upon the tax payer, upon the family, etc), filed across this country would really be the catalyst to bring timely change. The False Claims Act is likely a good idea for format of such a suit. With all the focus on reforming things regarding the use/misuse of our tax dollars, such suits would impeccably timely. Just here in Ohio, over $742 million per year is poured into just child services. With all the fraud that can be factually proven against these agencies and their agents, it's a wonder why this is not addressed in the public eye.

A good fix for many of the problems in getting suits together is, for one, have at least a little respect, for God's sake; and become well-informed with accurate information from unbiased resources--and I mean that to both attorneys and consumers here.

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 6:24 PM In reply to

• LynnM
      Lawyer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • CA
    • Posts 28,248

"The biggest difficulty is getting an attorney to take such a case--and not keep it in merely a state court. "

No, the biggest problem is that judges are immune from prosecution for doing their job. And the reason it is in state court is because it is a state court matter. You don;t get to choose to sue in Federal Court because you think it would get more publicity. You have to have an action under federal law - and an issue with a state court judge isn;t going to qualify.

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 11:27 PM In reply to

• uncommon7
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • OH
    • Posts 2

Dear, with all due respect, please do not pick out parts to nag on and disregard the entire content. Hence, the part above the comment you quoted where I was a bit detailed and emphatic about not suing judges. Also, please do your research before you go spouting 'advice'. There is, in fact, ground in federal court to bring such matters against state agencies who are piflering federal funds by fraudulent "cases" they bring, not to mention their perjury, fabricating, etc. Hence, the reason I mentioned the FCA (False Claims Act). Again, with all do respect, do the research. I'm not hear to argue pettiness.

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community