Ex saying we have days to get rid of our cats.

Latest post Tue, May 2 2017 10:31 AM by tazzie2005. 36 replies.
  • Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:18 PM In reply to

• tazzie2005
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 11 2013
    • CA
    • Posts 3

Re: Ex saying we have days to get rid of our cats.

That is a really bad situation. It sounds like a nightmare. What if you guys got allergy shots? Is that an option or is it just too expensive?

• Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:04 PM In reply to

• Bootuferry
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 27 2015
    • Posts 1

What were the 17 things you promised to do to try and keep the cats?

• Mon, Dec 28 2015 1:01 AM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,471

You realize this thread was started 5 years ago and the last posting was 2 1/2 years ago.  Chances are the parties have moved on.

• Tue, May 2 2017 5:16 AM In reply to

My husbands ex is doing the exact same thing with my stepson, he has never had any issue with allergies to animals we bought him a husky, let him pick him out and name him. My husbands ex got extremely jealous because she lives with her parents and her mom is terrified of dogs and she is allergic. My stepson never had allergies before but now she is trying to make us sell the family dog after we have had him for a year. He is also supposedly allergic to cats too even though she has several cats they apparently "don't bother him". She is lying to doctors and even had him get allergy tested by doing the *** test, the doctor even told us the test isn't very reliable and can produce false positives. She also lied on his med records saying that my husband has severe allergies and asthma which he doesn't and also lied about several other things. Then because the doctor didn't make us get rid of the dog she started taking my stepson to therapy and is trying to convince the therapist to make us get rid of our dog. She said her next step is to take us to court. My son has NEVER even gotten the sniffles being around our dog, he is not allergic to the dog but she is making it a huge deal because of her jealousy. She also just filed a motion to try to get me, my husband, my infant daughter, and two other people to move out of our house because she is mad that it's taking so long for us to refinance. She has accused us of abuse and neglect all of which are not true. She is a nasty woman trying to make it so her son hates his father and never gets to see him. I do not know what to do anymore it seems like no matter what and no matter how much she lies she gets what she wants.

• Tue, May 2 2017 7:30 AM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,471

You realize this thread was started 5 1/2 years ago and the last posting was 3 years ago.  Chances are the parties have moved on.  If you have separate questions, it is best to start a new thread.

• Tue, May 2 2017 10:31 AM In reply to

• tazzie2005
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 11 2013
    • CA
    • Posts 3

Hi There,

It's true that this thread was created quite some time ago, but I am so glad I received an email alerting me to your comment because, now that time has passed, I can offer you some hope. First, let me assure you, you can survive this. My advise is to keep living your life, with your focus on your husband and beautiful new baby, and on your stepson when his time is with you. Continue to create a positive environment in your home- one that inculdes time with this dog that your stepson chose for himself. If your stepson is a teenager, he can go to court himself and shut all this nonesense down. But hopefully it won't come to that. The sad thing for her is, all this will ultimately just make your stepson hate her. She's making a big mistake trying to manipulate him like she is. Kids, even if temporarily fooled by this kind of stuff, usually see right through it in the long run and then it backfires bigtime.

Stand firm and don't cave in. Plus- my guess is this is all heightened because you have a newborn. Nothing sets of a bitter, psycho ex wife like a newborn baby. Stay happy. Know that this will pass. Don't give her any sway over the life you are building with your husband. Good luck and hang tough!

Page 3 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community