What law prevents the submitting of false documents to court

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 12-25-2010 6:14 PM by LynnM. 11 replies.
  • 12-20-2010 2:01 PM

• skier38
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • AZ
    • Posts 5

What law prevents the submitting of false documents to court

Ex-wife has submitted her own pape wok showing the income from my current wife stating it was my income from a second job to the court during a Spousal Modificaiton Hearing. The judge believed her and did not modify the Spousal Modificaiton based on the income of "my second income". The judge even listed the amount of income, matching my wifes W-2 to the penny, in her minute entyr and denied the Mofification. I was involved in a family emergency and could not ask for a Motion to Reconsider nor an appeal. The new judge stated it was too late to do anything about the previous error. I now feel the need to sue the ex-wife for submitting false documentation to the court. I am now representing my self in this case. Any ideas??

• 12-20-2010 2:05 PM In reply to

Re: What law prevents the submitting of false documents to court

skier38:
    The judge believed her and did not modify the Spousal Modificaiton based on the income of "my second income".

The judge did NOT modify due to the fraudulent claim?  Then no harm, no foul.

• 12-20-2010 2:12 PM In reply to

• skier38
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • AZ
    • Posts 5

Re: What law prevents the submitting of false documents to c...

The judge did NOT modify the Spousal Maintenance based on the amont of income I show when you add in my current wifes income. I feel the Spousal Maintenance requiement should have been modified, lowered, as my income is now less than the ex-wifes!

• 12-20-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

How long ago did this happen?

• 12-20-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

• skier38
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • AZ
    • Posts 5

June 2009, I submitted for another Modification Hearing in Septmeber 2009 and had the hearing in August 2010, again with no change.

• 12-21-2010 1:31 PM In reply to

It's hard to know the reason the judge wouldn't look at this evidence; sometimes it's helpful to have an attorney, as they usually know a lot about local law that the average person doesn't...

You might consider a consultation for apr $100-200 for guidance; it seems something else may be going on here.

• 12-21-2010 1:39 PM In reply to

• skier38
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • AZ
    • Posts 5

No thanks.......I have already spent $40,000 on attorney's and she has spent over $100,000 on her attorney. I just want to sue her for submitting false documents ot the court. I am tying to find out what law applies.

• 12-22-2010 12:31 PM In reply to

I know of no specific law that applies; usually these errors are corrected in family court.  Perhaps your attorney can give you specifics on local laws?  Or advise you as to the reason the judge didn't look at it?

I suppose you can take her to small claims court with little investment, but it's not a sure thing.

• 12-22-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

No law prevents people from acting

There's a law against murder. People still do it.

• 12-25-2010 11:43 AM In reply to

• skier38
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • AZ
    • Posts 5

Re: No law prevents people from acting

You are missing the point of this post. I want to file a lawsuit against her to recover the excess alimony awarded to her because she filed false information to the court. This false information was used to determine her alimony award which is now greater than my income.

The question.........what law do I reference in my lawsuit against her for submitting of fasle documentation to the court? This is in Arizona.

• 12-25-2010 11:53 AM In reply to

Try perjury laws.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• 12-25-2010 6:14 PM In reply to

The time to address the veracity of her evidence was at the time it was submitted, not in a separate action. I doubt any court other than the original court has jurisdiction over the issue. Unless you have grounds for an appeal I simply do not see a way to accomplish this.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community