You are missing several critical details
1. What was the time limit in the contract for inspection and report (and did you unwisely extend it) ? In short if the time window expired then it matters not what the inspection report provided --that by itself is NOT a valid exit criteria.
2. You did get a hefty deposit did you not--and your contract withbroker says you personally, no split, get to keep deposit if buyer defaults?
3. Buyer may or may not have blown the time frame of the finance contingency clause.
4. Next time be sure to get a hefty deposit--and if buyer wants an extension--you want more deposit and fewer escape hatches.
5. Seriouslymake sure you get deposit if buyer defauts--many contracts writtten by brokers say they get a cut even if they fail to produce a buyer who closes, they get a cut if a wam mushroom signs! I modify the contracts before I sign them or else I walk.