Modification of a Chapter 13 procedure and timeline

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, May 21 2014 11:10 AM by Sharon - Community Moderator (Admin). 2 replies.
  • Fri, Jun 17 2011 12:31 PM

• Mary16
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 28 2006
    • FL
    • Posts 34

Modification of a Chapter 13 procedure and timeline

Hello,

I am in a current 13 but I have had income lowered by $1200 a month. The change in income and the fact that I am no reaffirming the mortgage and surrending the home are my reasons for modification.  

Before I commit to this modification, I have questions:

1) What is the timeframe from filing of a notice to modify and modification(that is if all goes well)

2) What documents are required to be given to the trustee to achieve the modification?

3) In Florida can social security lump sum back pay be taken, or is this an exemption? I have placed in a separate bank account and the money from SS is the only money in there.

Thanks

• Tue, May 20 2014 3:21 PM In reply to

• CTowry
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 20 2014
    • FL
    • Posts 1

Ok [+0+] Re: Modification of a Chapter 13 procedure and timeline

Hi Mary16,

It is my understanding that the modification may be sent in at anytime, but should definitely be sent in before you submit your payment. If you cannot afford your payments and miss your first payment, a motion to dismiss may be filed.

[edited out link]

I wish you the best with your bankruptcy.

Sincerely,

- Cody

"It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place this world is when one is playing golf.

• Wed, May 21 2014 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: Hi Cody,

Welcome to the forums.

I am providing some guidelines for posting. We would welcome you placing a link to your firm and any additional information you would want posters to know about you within the profile section on your home page.

The program provides for a signature line which will be added to each message submitted. You can add this through the "Edit Profile" link found in the "My Community" box located to the right. Feel free to include your name, email address and/or website address. Additionally, the profile page is available for all the information you'd like to provide about you and your firm. This information will then be available through your display name on every message submitted.

Any attorney solicitation or general postings for the sole purpose of promoting your firm are not allowed. If you have questions about what verbiage costitutes a solicitation, please feel to reach out to me by clicking my display name and sending me a message.

Thanks for your future cooperation. ---Sharon

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community