Injury From Fall Off Roof, What Can I Do?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Jun 26 2011 12:15 AM by adjuster jack. 1 replies.
  • Sun, Jun 26 2011 12:03 AM

• sandireed
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 26 2011
    • AL
    • Posts 1

Injury From Fall Off Roof, What Can I Do?

My husband fell off a roof at a new home he was working on and broke 9 ribs, with 5 broken twice and punctured his lung.  He was in the hospital for weeks and now needs surgery on his shoulder.  We have no insurance, workman's comp, or anything.  What can we do?  Is anyone liable for our medical bills other than us?  The man he was working for, has no insurance or workman's comp and the home owner won't talk to us.  John, my husband, has been working in construction all of his life and has always been careful.  This was a freak accident and he fell.  Do we have any recource here to talk to the home owner or his insurance company to see if they can help us?  Oh, he is back working with limited use of his arm and it will always be that way, one doctor has told us.

Thanks for any insight in this matter.

Sandi

We live in Alabama

• Sun, Jun 26 2011 12:15 AM In reply to

Re: Injury From Fall Off Roof, What Can I Do?

sandireed:
    This was a freak accident and he fell.  Do we have any recource here to talk to the home owner or his insurance company to see if they can help us?

As you say, it was a freak accident so the homeowner and his insurance company won't have any liability.

All I can think of is that the man he was working for might have been operating illegally without workers comp insurance on his employees or subs. I haven't looked up AL law to see if there are exemptions so I suggest that your first step is to call the state workers comp regulatory agency and report the accident and the circumstances.

http://dir.alabama.gov/wc/

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community