DANCO

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 08-15-2011 11:34 PM by warloc1.0. 5 replies.
  • 08-09-2011 2:35 PM

• warloc1.0
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-09-2011
    • MN
    • Posts 3

DANCO

I currently have a DANCO against me and am awaiting sentancing in 1 month. The incident happened 2 months ago when I pushed my girlfriend out of the way (she was blocking the doorway) so I could leave. It wasnt more than 10 minutes later I was arrested and charged with Domestic Assualt. I made it 2 weeks after the incident before she started calling me. On one particular middle of the night she called me 37 times and I reluctantly answered. We have 2 kids together,she has another 2, and is now living in my house for free, driving one of my vehicles for free, and I have all 4 kids under my health insurance. She refuses to pay bills and expects me to call her every day now. I can now have 3rd party contact with her in order to arrange visitation with the kids. She is blackmailing me demanding that I buy her a new, more expensive engagement ring and a new vehicle or else she will tell the court and/or my PO that we have been talking. I plan on just doing whatever she says to avoid a contempt of court charge for violating the Danco or breaking down and turning myself in to get the jail time over with and her out of my house. Any advice is appreciated. Oh how I wish I would have never answered the phone that night....but now I can at least see my kids. Sooo confused!

• 08-09-2011 3:47 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 49,510

Re: DANCO

I suggest you'd be wiser to use good counsel promptly unless you want to be her human doormat for life.

• 08-09-2011 4:50 PM In reply to

And you are still going to marry her after all this? I would not marry her or buy her anything else. keep documentation of all her threats. If this marriage does not happen she has to return the ring. Do not be a human door mat.

• 08-10-2011 12:18 AM In reply to

• warloc1.0
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-09-2011
    • MN
    • Posts 3

No I do not want to but will do so in order to gain my fatherly rights. I am apparantly buying her a ring on Monday or else she is going to do "what she has to do to make this right". I have tried several times to end our relationship but she always uses the kids to lure me back. Tonight she said she would make sure I never see my boys again and that I will be going to jail and losing everything if I dont get her a new ring by Monday. I have NEVER hit her but I have pushed her out of the way or restrained her from hitting me.  I figure I have no choice to do what she says in order to regain some control after court is over. I know after the Danco is dropped and I break up with her for the 74th time she is going to get a restraining order against me but I have a plan. I feel terrible I will be misleading her for so long but its the only choice I have in order to ensure I can see my kids and keep everything I've worked so hard to obtain.

• 08-10-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

Walk away from the jewelry store. Call a lawyer. Spend the money on legal advice that will actually result in orders to give you access to your children. (FYI - adding children to your policy whenthey are not yours, not your wards, no legal realtion to you is fraud on the insurance company)

• 08-15-2011 11:34 PM In reply to

• warloc1.0
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-09-2011
    • MN
    • Posts 3

I've had a lawyer through out this whole ordeal. I now have over 70 text messages, 10+ voicemails and over 30 minutes of recorded conversations with her. All explaining the reasons why I am in the predicament I'm in. "Answer your phone or I'll come find you!", "I dont care about some stupid DANCO!", etc...etc. I never wanted to buy her a ring but I do want to see my boys without incident and I would like my house and possessions still in one piece when I return to claim them.

As for insurance, I went to my provider and merely inquired about placing her other 2 kids on my family plan. My provider informed me that foster parents do it all the time, it wasnt more expensive to add them to my plan since I already had the best one so I did. If she were to do it on her plan her monthly payments would go up by $150.

I figure right now I am paying double the amount I need to be paying as far as child support goes. I've tried to negotiate w/o the courts or lawyers but it has gone no where. She wants my house and one of my vehicles, the kids insured, and all bills associated with the house and my boys paid for. I offered the 1st three but she cannot afford to pay any bills and feels she doesnt need to have a job since she has never held one. I see this situation going from bad to worse but I dont want to put the kids through anything I went through when my parents divorced.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community