Primary/secondary custody and schools?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 08-21-2011 11:39 AM by BigDadee63. 5 replies.
  • 08-21-2011 3:53 AM

• gainerk
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-21-2011
    • FL
    • Posts 2

Primary/secondary custody and schools?

My exhusband has primary custody of my children,due to forged divorce papers.We have been divorced for 8 years. Although he "legally" has custody of the children,they are with me more than with him.School starts Monday and I have them enrolled in my school district.He has moved two counties away and refuses to tell me where or if he has enrolled them in school.I have filed with the court to retain custody of my children and I am waiting for a date to be set.My question is....Can I take them to the school I enrolled them in until we go to court?

• 08-21-2011 6:28 AM In reply to

Re: Primary/secondary custody and schools?

gainerk:
    Can I take them to the school I enrolled them in until we go to court?

You stated you have filed a motion with the court (I'm guessing) for custody modification.  The children live with you, and you have enrolled them in school.  He is being uncooperative (my opinion).

The safest answer here is ask your lawyer, who filed your case with the court.  My opinion answer is YES, of course take those kids to school!  If dad has a problem with it, deal with him in court.

Ok  I'm not a lawyer.  This is only my opinion /suggestion.  Most Replys' are based on information provided by the "original post" (OP).

• 08-21-2011 10:39 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,250

Work with your lawyer on this one.....

Odds are he is playing primary custody games so as to not pay CS to you?

As primary custodial parent odds are he has a legal duty to have kids properly enrolled in school-try to twist aht against him if he failed to do so--odds are last school knows where kids records got sent or didn't get sent at al.

• 08-21-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

• gainerk
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-21-2011
    • FL
    • Posts 2

The only reason I enrolled them in a school in my "zone" is because he refuses to tell me where he moved.The kids last school told me that he withdrew them,but has no record of to where.My kids said their Grandmother took them to see the "new" school.I did contact an atty and have filed several motions with the court ie, an injuction to stop the move, modification on custody and fraud( he forged our divorce papers)The only reason I never took him to court before is due to abuse.I am now in a position that he cannot abuse me any more,but I am still very much scared of this man.So, to reply to your statement,he is not cooperating.Thanks

• 08-21-2011 11:35 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,250

Contact the new school--better yet go there and sort out address he is using etc.

• 08-21-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

gainerk:
    So, to reply to your statement,he is not cooperating.

Ok, I get that.  Do you have a lawyer representing you in this matter?  If Yes, what did he/she say you should do?

Again, my non-legal opinion: Proceed as normal, regardless of what "Granny" says.

Ok  I'm not a lawyer.  This is only my opinion /suggestion.  Most Replys' are based on information provided by the "original post" (OP).

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community