Subject: Back injury at work
Hello my name is Brian, and i was hurt with my back on the job in May 6th, 2010 and was off work for four days . There was a claim filed at work and was release to work with limitations with light duty from my Doctor. i was the production manager and we only work three days a week and that was shared work . But the doctor told me my back could take up to 6 months before healed 100%,,, So I went back to work with limitation and light duty with a lot of Pain.. In October the Company shut down and plant manager told me if i need any help with my back to call Comp Ins... out of springfield... So i drawed unemployment till the End of year 2010. With my back still hurting and getting worse, i tryed to call comp and they said there was no claim ever reported so i seeked a lawyer's help and he said he would file a claim for WorkComp to get onboard Hearing. In july we had a Deposition Hearing and natually the comp lawyer brought into evidense three Documents that the first Document was about Doctors statement for injury on April 28 th .... Which from my Medical records show , There is no such date... Fake ? The second Document was for May 10 th that i claimed that is true and it says just like i said light duty with limitations and Doctors recomends Tharaphy. and this was in My Medical Records . The third Document was for May 13th a Full Release with no Limitation 100% just two days after i got the first Light duty Release. " This i contest this " because my work records would show that i did worked a Full week Returned 32 hours from Tuesday 11 th throuh Fryday 14 th and could not be at no Doctor's Office on May 13, and copy of my time cards that was punch in and out from work would prove this ... So now I know the Doctor is close Friends with the Plant Owner and Believe that he faxed her this Release without my knowledge, and without seeing me in person. That is why the Third Document is not in my Medical Records. My lawyer still has me on hold and it is hard to get Medical treatment when you can't work and can't afford to Pay. So i had to borrow money for a MRI out of Springfield mo. and says Bulging disc at L4, L5 PRESSING AGAINST THECAL SAC Nerve causing Lumbar Stenosis , so still waiting for Comp ins , to help me or get onboard so i can get Medical help. The Lawyer continues with next hearing in September so i have been borrowing money from all my enlaws to try a Chiropractor with Decompression Tharaphy 10 visits so far and Don't seem to be helping but will need more treatment, money is really getting hard to borrow when you dont have a job. Second week of October my Lawyer calls and ask if i had a Raiting yet ,, like i was seeing a Medical Doctor . He knows what i have been doing and trying to pay my own Medical Bills , with my wife getting ssi Disability from Cancer and Copd. Im Trying to get back to work to help her with household Bills and Medical Bills. I have over 20 years in the Boating Welding Industry and just need relief to get back to work.. Went to Hearing today and still not seen a Judge ever. So my Lawyer told me that Comp insurance wants to Settle this , with one amount on one Check.. and then ask me about a Raiting again for a further settlement hearing . Im not a Lawyer but this case is not feeling wright.. Wondering if my Lawyer is working for the insurance company instead of me.. ,,, "you know im just still waiting for Medical treatment " ... and my weekly check ? , its been 10 months since he filed the claim... three times for hearing dates but never seen the judge ,,,,, no medical treatment yet or loss wages yet , lawyer also wants me to pay for Deposition that he's never used in front of a judge yet , either thow , two out of three Documents are Fraud Documents with our proof .... I called Lawyer up and told him the amount that i would settled for on Oct 26 th,, He said he would write this up and Present it to the Comp. Lawyer ,, it's been two months and still waiting ,, it does not seem wright , applied for several jobs to take a chance and they say , not good with Background check with a Open I njury claim ... just asking for advise if you could help me out in any way ,,, i need either medical Treatment and my wages or a settling offer so i can continue Medical tratment so i can go back to work.. Now is Febuary and suppose to have Mediation Hearing Next week with a Jaudge,, now the Lawyer just call and ask if I would settle for 4500 hundred dollars and that there comp lawyer is admitting to some injury fault about 5% Rating and if I would settled for this .. My lawyer is not wanting me to see the Judge for some reason,, he said I did not have to be there ,,,,, whats up with this...... im feeling i need to be looking for another Lawyer if you can help or give me your opinion ,,, please ! Thank you .
should i fire my attorney or just get legal help else where.. What should i do?
thank you for your time brian45