Filing for child support and i have a few question!!!

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:43 AM by JoBraver. 3 replies.
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:24 PM

• tee4125
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 15 2012
    • PA
    • Posts 2

Filing for child support and i have a few question!!!

I am planning on suing for full custody before I file for support for our two yr old daughter. Now I was wonderiI am planning on Suing for child support for my 2yr old daughter. I was wondering if I asked for his car, plus payments would they give it to me. Do I need a lawyer for this? And also it would be very beneficial to her, because we travel to and from daycare VIA public/private transportation. Our bus stop is on a VERY busy intersection.

• Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:38 PM In reply to

• LG81
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 3 2010
    • Posts 4,338

Re: Filing for child support and i have a few question!!!

tee4125:
    I was wondering if I asked for his car, plus payments would they give it to me.

I seriously doubt they would award this in addition to child support as a form of supporting the child. Child support usually consists of a monetary payment. 

Were you two married?  If so, for how long?  There is a slight chance that you could try to pursue the car as part of a spousal support agreement, but that depends on many factors (including length of marriage).

tee4125:
    And also it would be very beneficial to her, because we travel to and from daycare VIA public/private transportation. Our bus stop is on a VERY busy intersection.

Many, many people are in the same boat, transporting kids on public transportation with busy intersections at stops or close to home.  A car is not necessary for taking care of your daughter.

tee4125:
    I am planning on suing for full custody before I file for support for our two yr old daughter.

Again are you married, and were you married at the time the child was born?  If not, has paternity been legally established?  If not, that will be one of your first steps. 

Does the father want to have some share of custody or visitation?  If so, please understand that he also has rights as the father.  Now if he wants nothing to do with the child, that will not preclude him from paying child support.  Visitation and child support are two separate issues. 

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:07 AM In reply to

• tee4125
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 15 2012
    • PA
    • Posts 2

No, we were not married, and yes paternity has been granted. Yes he will want visitation rights and what ever else he can have.

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 6:43 AM In reply to

No- his car is not something that would be awarded to you.  You will receive monetary support for the child- if you wish to purchase a car with that money- you are free to do so.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community