perjury under oath during temporary order hearing

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 03-28-2012 6:41 AM by JoBraver. 3 replies.
  • 03-27-2012 9:34 PM

perjury under oath during temporary order hearing

Need some help. How can I file for perjury after temporary orders have been given, but still within the temporary orders appeal window? I can't really discuss the details, but deals with under stated income under oath and on sworn financail statement that placed unfair temporary orders amount in place.

Thanks

• 03-27-2012 9:45 PM In reply to

Re: perjury under oath during temporary order hearing

You hire a lawyer.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 03-27-2012 11:26 PM In reply to

That should have been dealt with on the stand at the hearing. If you didn't impeach the credibility of the witness at the hearing, it may be too late to try to raise in the appeal, since the appeal doesn't deal with factual issues, only legal ones. Whether someone lied is a factual issue. I suggest you consult your attorney about what, if anything, you can do about it now. If you don't have an attorney, this is one reason why you need one.

You can report the alleged perjury to the prosecutor to see if he or she will pursue criminal charges, but perjury prosecutions involving lies in civil cases are rare.

• 03-28-2012 6:41 AM In reply to

Generally,  temporary orders are just that- temporary- pending a more complete or full hearing.  Do you have another hearing scheduled?  According to the procedure in your state,  if there is another hearing, you will have the opportunity to impeach any information provided.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community