Why? IME Re-Evaluation by carrier

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 04-03-2012 9:06 AM by Shirschberg. 2 replies.
  • 04-02-2012 11:15 PM

Why? IME Re-Evaluation by carrier

Hello:

I've received a NYSWCB Claimant's Notice of IME, which has been requested by the insurance carrier.

My case has been judged and classified Partial-Permanant with an award given for monitary back pay and to continue pluse medical as needed.

Why, would the insurance carrier be requesting a re-evaluation.  They cannot reverse my classification, or can they.   It has been approx. 3 years since the the ruling/classification.

Is this just a matter of the insurance carrier trying again to challenge my condition - again?

This was totally unexpected and my nerves are on edge - IME's usually put there findings to the favor of who hired them.

Any input on this greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 04-03-2012 9:06 AM In reply to

Re: Why? IME Re-Evaluation by carrier

Your points are well taken.   I just thought there might be others on this fourm who have had the same situation/experience that might be able to shed a little light on this for me.

I have spoken with my attorney, who is as suprised at this as I am. but told me to go ahead with this and anything negative that comes out of it would be delt with.

My attorney, also informed that the only way my classification can be reversed is if the insurance carrier calls for another hearing, which my attorney feels would be to costly for them to do.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community