How to get a suspended Drivers Liscense back

Latest post Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:33 AM by SSDI-CIB Expert. 9 replies.
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:06 PM

• Mr.A
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 3 2012
    • CA
    • Posts 4

How to get a suspended Drivers Liscense back

i am a real dad try to get my life back on track. I am missing 1 thing to make this possible my drivers Liscense. I really need my liscense back so i can get a good job that will pay the child support and give me some type of income to live in this greedy world of ours. Please if you can give me some steps on getting my right to drive again i would be grateful

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:09 PM In reply to

Re: How to get a suspended Drivers Liscense back

Why is your license suspended?

It could be anything from not paying child support to a DUI or maybe just too many speeding tickets?

No matter what the reason, it's more than likely going to involve some money.

Good luck!

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:31 PM In reply to

• Mr.A
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • CA
    • Posts 4

it was suspended cause of late child support.

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:47 PM In reply to

I am really sorry, but I don't think anyone of us here can wave a magic wand here for you.

That being the case, I think your only options is to get yourself up to date on your child support payments.

I don't really know of any other options.

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:53 PM In reply to

Mr.A:

it was suspended cause of late child support.

Found this on the CA Dept of Child Support Services website:

• If your driver license has been suspended due to non-payment of child support, call your local child support agency to discuss a possible license release. You can find the location of your local child support agency at: http://www.childsup.ca.gov/county_locations.asp or by calling: (866) 901-3212

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/tabid/319/Default.aspx

Here are the guidelines that will give you an idea of how the process works:

https://www.childsup.ca.gov/Portals/0/resources/docs/policy/css/2007/css07-14.pdf

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:04 PM In reply to

Late child support or non payment? When you had your license you were not paying it anyways. So what incentive is there to give you your license if there is no way to guarantee you will pay the past due support? You can always beg and borrow the money to pay off the arrears. I do not know you call the world greedy, you are the one not supporting your child.

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 7:27 PM In reply to

OliviasMom:
    So what incentive is there to give you your license if there is no way to guarantee you will pay the past due support?

Many of the scenarios in the guidelines I found require that the individual pony up some cash in order to get the license released and then the situation is monitored closely and the license suspended again if regular payments are not made.

They aren't giving the license back just on a vague promise.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:13 AM In reply to

• Mr.A
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • CA
    • Posts 4

wow why is it you come off so defensive. you dont know me, so why do you assume that im not paying my child support. i was workin at [a job] for 2 years getting a 100 dollar check every 2 weeks and the rest went to child support. I finnally landed a good glazing ( doing store front and installing windows) job and then i got laid off they gave me till next payment to get another job. I dont know where you live but here in san diego there is no work and a lot of people are on the unemployment line. So i didnt make the next payment and my license was suspended. Every job i got i made sure the deduct child support from my check so i can really know how much i will be living on. . Your correct they wont take a promise and i dont even know where to get the cash they are askin for because im out of work. They take my taxes returns  every year and they get more then half my check when i do work but on top of all that they need to take my drivers license. That makes no sense and every1 that i talk to agree that it is the most important piece of info about yourself is your license. I dont agree with this action at all and the dead beat fathers that are flight risk ( like your babys father) should be thrown in jail. Im trying and this system and people like you make this very hard to be a daddy that my kids can be proud of. I didnt cause this mess i was ready to be a famliy man and raise my kids but there mother had other plans. So PLEASE DONT ASSUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:15 AM In reply to

• Mr.A
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • CA
    • Posts 4

THANK YOU JACK

• Thu, Apr 5 2012 12:33 AM In reply to

When you become unemployed, you must contact the child support enforcement office immediately.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community