The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Improper filing of Order To Show Cause, FL-300

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:20 PM by kath21. 3 replies.
  • Fri, Apr 6 2012 7:27 PM

• fmanuta
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 6 2012
    • CA
    • Posts 2

Improper filing of Order To Show Cause, FL-300

Can someone please help me out???!!! I am so stressed out!! My wife is a very intense and aggresive person, riding me all the time!! Anyway she said that she wanted to file for a divorce and has been messing with my head, so I filed the divorce. I was trying to file for temporary support both child and spousal and was granted an EX PARTE. Through all of the chaos of trying to file my paperwork, i didn't realize that i had also checked the Child Custody box by mistake. I was only wanting the support. My wife caught it, called an attourney and then called me and said that i lost custody of my child because the judge denied the order. Can this be fixed, this is not what i meant to do. I'M STRESSED!!!

• Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:26 PM In reply to

Re: Improper filing of Order To Show Cause, FL-300

fmanuta:
    My wife caught it, called an attourney and then called me and said that i lost custody of my child because the judge denied the order

You're relying on what your wife TOLD you? Yikes.

Did you see the judge's written denial of the order?

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:06 PM In reply to

• fmanuta
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 6 2012
    • CA
    • Posts 2

Right!? SUPER YIKES!! The judge wrote on the order that the application was denied and to continue on with biz.

• Sat, Apr 7 2012 1:20 PM In reply to

• kath21
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 18 2009
    • CA
    • Posts 4,451

If you accidentally checked the custody box and judge denied it, why do you care?  You didn't want it in the first place.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community