Late periodic roll check!!

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 04-14-2012 7:05 AM by Lala32. 4 replies.
  • 04-07-2012 4:53 PM

• Lala32
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-07-2012
    • SC
    • Posts 8

Late periodic roll check!!

I was just wondering has anyone else not got their April 07, 2012 check? I always get mine on Thursdays in the mail, but here it is Saturday and it still hasn't come.

• 04-07-2012 7:26 PM In reply to

Re: Late periodic roll check!!

Yesterday was Good Friday.

I'm guessing everybody was winding down during the week for the 3 day weekend.

Happens everywhere.

You might want to consider direct deposit.

I was never a real fan of it until I started getting my SS and pension that way. Turned out to be worry free and shows up right on time every month.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 04-10-2012 4:28 PM In reply to

• Kivi
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-01-2005
    • CA
    • Posts 6,062

Yes, direct deposit is the way to go.

Out west, most people who get paper checks get them on Saturdays, but some people do not get them until the following Monday or Tuesday. You are a lot closer to the Treasury Dept office in Philadelphia than we are, so maybe folks back East do get them a little sooner.

If the Post Office does shut down some mail processing plants to save money, etc., then next day deliveries within certain zip codes will become a thing of the past. Also, whenever there is a heavy snow storm in the northeast that affects air service, checks often are late out here.

Never have seen a late direct deposit, however, even if there are thirty inches of snow on the ground in Philadephia.

• 04-10-2012 5:49 PM In reply to

• Lala32
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-07-2012
    • SC
    • Posts 8

Yes I am much closer that's why I guess I've always got my check on Thursday's. When I called DOL I was told to wait until tomorrow on Wednesday to see if I get it, and if not they'll put a tracer on it.  I'm signing up for direct deposit immidiately!!

• 04-14-2012 7:05 AM In reply to

• Lala32
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-07-2012
    • SC
    • Posts 8

My periodic roll compensation check is now over a week late. They've put a tracer on it and I was told that may take a few days. Then after that they'll reissue me another check. To anyone else out there getting a paper check in the mail don't let this happen to you. For years i've always got my check on time until now. I was told in total it may take three weeks before I receive check from the date the last one was issued. So that will mean buy that time it will be almost two months and time for the next compensation check. Direct Deposit is the only way to go!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community