I think I need a lawyer for 1 or both of these issues

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 04-12-2012 10:46 PM by Deenam23. 2 replies.
  • 04-12-2012 4:44 PM

• Deenam23
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2012
    • CA
    • Posts 2

I think I need a lawyer for 1 or both of these issues

My husband is incarcerated at la palma CC, on the 6th of march on his way to an outside hospital to get an MRI on his neck because he had been feeling a little discomfort. The transport officer was speeding, weaving in and out of traffic having to slam on is brakes to avoid hitting another vehicle, sending my un seatbelted, handcuffed (behind his back) husband flying head and neck first into the steel gate in front of him with no way to brace for impact, upon returning to the facility later that day he got dizzy and passed out just going to restroom and was taken to medical ward for overnight observation, they have prescribed him more medication which doesn't help much just makes him groggy but is now in constant pain,dizzy, and can't sleep. The facility is not looking into anything to make him more comfortable (neck brace, extra pillow, mattress, ect..) and is REFUSING to give him the incedent report stating that he has to have an attorney to get it is that even legal??, there are direct and indirect witnesses to the events regarding incedent, including medical staff and outside hospital staff, 3/19/2012 he has now received the results of MRI, 2 herniated disk and arthritis in neck that is causing pressure on his spine, he is still in constant pain in which he was not prior to incident. Also is being sent out to a surgeon to talk about options, i think i need to retain a lawyer to get the incident report ASAP because im thinking soon it may just "disappear" what kind of lawyer do i need to retain for 1 or both issues, and do i have a case on the injury issue?? the reports of the MRI showed inflamation to neck which would assume it was recent and the officers lack of safety procedure in buckling him in

• 04-12-2012 4:56 PM In reply to

• Kivi
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-01-2005
    • CA
    • Posts 6,014

Re: I think I need a lawyer for 1 or both of these issues

Your husband actually is the person with the potential case. You were not directly injured. (You might be injured indirectly under a loss of consortium theory, but you are long ways from that point at this stage.)

Yes, your spouse likely does need an attorney. The fact that he is incarcerated makes this one somewhat atypical for a personal injury case. It is possible that he first must first file some kind of internal claim against the California Department of Corrections (CDC). Hubby needs a personal injury attorney..Look for an attorney who specializes in this area as not all PI attorneys out there would take on this kind of case.

• 04-12-2012 10:46 PM In reply to

• Deenam23
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2012
    • CA
    • Posts 2

Re: I think I need a lawyer for 1 or both of these issues

oh i know its him that has the case not me, lol im just so use to speaking for him that it forms a habit for it to seem as if im talking about myself, but he went to see the neoroligist today and new was worse than we thought, his has to have very risky surgery's (2) and one of the places is very risky. even the doctor said he has only see damage that bad in that spot a handful of times and he has been in his field for 25+ yrs, the surgeon also said that the reason it worsened was from RECENT blunt trauma and that could only leave the accident to be at fault for it, he said it could not have gotten that bad just from normal things like working out, it was from impact or trauma, so i really need to start looking for a lawyer now, any suggestions would be appreciated,

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community