Bed Bugs

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-17-2012 2:11 PM by adjuster jack. 3 replies.
  • 05-17-2012 11:11 AM

• KClore
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2012
    • FL
    • Posts 1

Bed Bugs

I need some advice on what kind of action to take, if any, against [a store] for delivering furniture to my home that was infested with bed bugs. The company has agreed to fumigate our home but they want us to sign this lengthy disclosure stating that we wont take further action against them along with many other things. They are saying they will not fumigate our home until we sign this disclosure/release form. A part of me wants to sign it right away and have them fumigate because the bed bugs are multiplying and its becoming a nuissance and health hazard for me and my family. The other part of me wants to fight this because I feel like I shouldn't have to sign this release form. I wanted to get an Attorney's opinion on whether or not to sign. I've written to a couple attorneys but have yet to get a response.

Can someone lead me in the right direction on this?

Thank you

• 05-17-2012 12:31 PM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-09-2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,203

Re: Bed Bugs

Call and make an appointment with an attorney, emailing is useless.  Unless you want to wait years for the litigation to runs its course, i would get it over with now and sign or pay someone else to fumigate.

• 05-17-2012 1:00 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,555

KClore:
    They are saying they will not fumigate our home until we sign this disclosure/release form

If it were me, I would get them in there asap.  I would also make sure that they guaranteed that you would be bed bug free after the treatment.  Make them guarantee it in writing.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 05-17-2012 2:11 PM In reply to

You have the option of paying your own pest control service to fumigate and take the time to make sure that there is complete eradication with no ensuing issues and then seek reimbursement from the movers.

Personally, there's no way I would sign a release before the fumigation is done.

Once you sign, your power is gone.

Up to you.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community