Letter of Ejectment

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Nov 29 2016 12:12 PM by mandylee. 40 replies.
  • Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:37 PM In reply to

• MandyCakez
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 23 2012
    • PA
    • Posts 35

Re: Letter of Ejectment

Thank you so much for taking the time to collect all the info and type that all out for me.I really appreciate it!

Do you think this document serves as the 90 day notice then?I'm just so confused as to why they would send both the Ejectment and the 90 day notice at the same time.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj212/MandyMystiques/Documents/?action=view&current=EjectionPg2.jpg

Also,The attorney finally called me back that's on all these papers and i had asked her why she filed the Ejectment before the 90 days were up.She told me she has to do that by law...but they have to honor the 90 day notice 1st before going on with the eviction and as long as i'm out by August then i should be fine.So i don't know what to believe.It's kind of hard to trust the word of someone who is suing you.

• Fri, Jun 29 2012 7:41 PM In reply to

Just read your photobucket documents...

Looks like Shapiro & DeNardo may not know whether you are a holdover owner, a tenant, or a random squatter so they are using a catchall package of documents to cover all the bases.

Also looks like their "catchall" package of documents may have a flaw in it - there is no procedure for tenants like you, who have less than 90 days left on their leases, to tell them you are tenants and not squatters (so you are entitled to the 90 days).

You should get legal help, as they suggest.  But if you don't want to do that, definitely at least send them a package of documents that proves you are a tenant, along with a letter requesting the protection of the Protecting Tenants of Foreclosure Act.  If the landlord took a security deposit from you when you moved in, your letter to the bank should also make sure they notice the amount (probably stated in your lease), which they should pay you after you do move out.

And I think you need to file a response of some sort with the court by their deadline.  Here's where a lawyer would really help.  But again, if you can't find one in time, at least let the court know you're a tenant!

I'm not a lawyer, of course, and I haven't been through this experience, so my opinion may not be worth much.

• Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:01 PM In reply to

MandyCakez:
    The attorney finally called me back that's on all these papers and i had asked her why she filed the Ejectment before the 90 days were up.She told me she has to do that by law...but they have to honor the 90 day notice 1st before going on with the eviction and as long as i'm out by August then i should be fine.So i don't know what to believe.It's kind of hard to trust the word of someone who is suing you.

I agree.

The attorney is not your attorney, she's your enemy.

While it might be true that they have to honor the 90 days, your best best is to cover your bases by filing an answer with the court. That starts the discovery process which typically takes a couple of months anyway. It's also possible that the lawyer will voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit once he gets the answer and realizes that you are a tenant with the 90 day notice applying.

When you mail the answer to the lawyer you might attach it to a cover letter explaining that you are a tenant and you'll be out by August whatever.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Fri, Jun 29 2012 9:54 PM In reply to

MandyCakez:
    It's kind of hard to trust the word of someone who is suing you.

Exactly, and I also notice they're suing you for their costs (I think that means attorney fees and court costs, but even if it's only court costs, I don't see why you should be expected to pay any of that).

Do keep in mind that your former landlord probably didn't give the bank a copy of your lease or anything, so you have to show them you're a legitimate tenant to hold their feet to the fire on honoring that tenant-protection law.

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 8:40 AM In reply to

• Chris8620
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 24 2014
    • PA
    • Posts 11

I have a question, I recieved the ejectment letter but do not have the verification letter, a lawyer I spoke with said I need to send that letter to her but there isn't one. What does that mean? 

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 8:43 AM In reply to

Chris8620:

I have a question, I recieved the ejectment letter but do not have the verification letter, a lawyer I spoke with said I need to send that letter to her but there isn't one. What does that mean? 

Please start your own thread with your question and provide some background.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:03 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,405

Ditto, new thread with new details ...thanks

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:21 AM In reply to

• Chris8620
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 11

Already did so, thanks! 

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:30 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,405

PS ..Generally a verification is not a separate letter but part of the Ejectment action itself but frequently on a separate page.....absence of verification is a major problem..for plaintiff.  but that does not rule out what they included in the docuements filed with court.   Ejectment may well be the wrong proceedural step IF you are a tenant in PA.

More details needed ..new post.. Suggest NEW thread .....post the whole thing if you want..LESS names and address. 

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:47 AM In reply to

• Chris8620
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • PA
    • Posts 11

We are in Pa, I have started a new thread with more info. Thanks again 

• Tue, Nov 29 2016 12:12 PM In reply to

• mandylee
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2016
    • FL
    • Posts 1

Good Day. Could you please advise me in regards to a letter of Ejectment I have received on November 14th. I need to respond to in 20 days. 

We have a verbal agreement in regards to a residence I live at as so does the owner lives there with many more real estate he owns , he flies from florida to Massachusetts several times a year. no agreement on paying any rent or utilities due to my home in under renovation and not liveable at the time and owner offer his place. The owner has alcoholism to the extreme. and was calling the police with vivid allegations against me. The police let him know if he calls one more time they will arrest him for false allegations against me. He then said he was sorry and he needed to get rehabilitation help up North and I spoke with his brother (which has POA of the owner his brother) to help and drove him to the airport . I then received a complaint for ejectment.

plaintiff(owner) sues defendant(me) and alleges:

1 this is an action to recover possession of real property in _____county,florida

2 the plaintiff is the owner of the real property located at __________ (please see attached warranty deed albeled as exhibit a)

3 the defendant is currently cohabitating with plaintiff at the home located at ___

4 there is no controlling lease agreement between plaintiff and defendant. the plaintiff has repeatedly requested the defendant to leave the premises and defendant has refused to do so

5 the defendant is a n acquaintance of the plaintiff and has been residing at the above described property belonging to the plaintiff since ____

6 defendant refuses to deliver possession fo the property to plaintiff.

wherfor plaintiff demands judgment for possession of the propery against defendant

i understand that i am swearing or affirming under oath to the truthfulness of the claims made in this affidavit and that the punishment for knowingly making a false statment includes fines and r imprisonment\

signed by his brother as POA for owner the plaintiff

please help me respond to this -- i have not taking over his property and I was blind sided with this after his brother sends me a text message telling to have a nice cruise and sorry that his brother is a alcoholic. 

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community