How do I remove mugshot for dismissed case from website?

Latest post Sat, Sep 21 2013 11:43 PM by MCHNCY. 12 replies.
  • Sun, Jul 29 2012 11:43 PM

• bobknob
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 29 2012
    • FL
    • Posts 4

How do I remove mugshot for dismissed case from website?

I was charged with resisting w/ violence, misdemeanor cannabis possession and disorderly conduct in Miami Shores, FL last Fall.  All charges were dismissed (NOLLE PROS, NO ACTION and NO ACTION).  However, the website flarrests.com only has two options to remove the mugshot, and both of them charge a lot of money.  There is no option for a waiver fee, like the other websites have, and when their contact page is not working.  I have tracked down the public contact information associated with the ip address, but I do not know what else to do.

I have copies of my identification as well as the disposition from the county clerk.  I submitted those directly to the ip address contact email, however the person I contacted via phone was not confident that I would get a response from that email address.

The email address is at domainsbyproxy.com, which sounds just like a proxy account.  Do I have any legal recourse I can take?  My current employer wants to know why this information is online about me, and I would like to assure them that it will all be removed.  I do not wish to lose my job over a wrongful arrest.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I thought this information was cleared once the case was dismissed, but it was not.

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 1:43 AM In reply to

Re: How do I remove mugshot for dismissed case from website?

It's not clear if you have had the arrest records expunged. You have to apply for that to get the public records expunged and sealed. Even if you got the record expunged from the court and law enforcement records, it doesn't do anything for records that are maintained by private persons or entities. The law does not require private firms that have that information to remove them. You may see a local lawyer if you wish to see if there is any recourse here; many lawyers will give you a free initial consultation. But I suspect you'll hear that there isn't any legal action you can take to force removal of the information. I don't practice in Florida, though, so perhaps a Florida lawyer will have some ideas that might work for you.

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:45 AM In reply to

• bobknob
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • FL
    • Posts 4

Thanks for the advice.  I haven't had the records expunged yet, so I guess I'll do that first.

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 8:01 AM In reply to

• vakyin
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 6 2006
    • IN
    • Posts 1,534

I agree, I don't know how much luck you'll have in removal.  The website is public information...your arrest was public information, even if it did get dismissed.  The disclaimer clearly states that it reflects the initial arrest and not the outcome.

"information on this site have been obtained from Florida public information records related to Florida county jail bookings. Any person appearing on this site should be presumed innocent as all data including charges reflects initial Florida county jail booking records and as such do not reflect conviction of the charges or the finalized charges from the Office of the State Attorney. At no time should the information on this site be used to determine a person's criminal record."

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 11:01 AM In reply to

• AARDVARC
      Consumer
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 8 2007
    • FL
    • Posts 477

Right. Even expungment of the record won't unring the bell that a public information record was generated documenting the arrest. Once that record hits the public domain, it's fair game.  The courts and official channels can be curbed from disseminating that information if an expungment is awarded, but that won't touch information held or disseminated by private companies or individuals any more than it would destroy archived copies of a newspaper that mentioned the arrest.

• Mon, Jul 30 2012 2:18 PM In reply to

Why not just save up for the fee of removal? I know it seems like you're getting taken, but if it's really important to you, you'll find a way to get it removed.

• Mon, Aug 13 2012 11:18 PM In reply to

• bobknob
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • FL
    • Posts 4

Thanks again for all the replies.  I successfully got the mugshot removed from the websites by sending proof of the dispositions and my ID (address and stuff blurred) to the owner of the website.  They did not send me a confirmation reply.  In the email I sent, I mentioned that it was a threat to my employment, and that I would seek legal recourse should it cost me another job.  It might have been a bluff, but it was successful.

All that remains is the Google search results, but the links are all dead.  I hope Google removes them in time, but that is somewhat of a relief.

I got the disposition of my DUI case and it turns out I plead guilty to the DUI, so an expungement is out of the question.  I will just have to deal with the consequences, but I'm still happy the webpages have been removed.  That's one less hassle.  Thanks again.

• Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:58 PM In reply to

• matty212
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 10 2012
    • CA
    • Posts 1

i suggest www.removemugshots.com they're the most reputable mugshot removal company that you can find in the internet.they provide the fastest removal service and it's guaranteed!it's worth the money.that is based on my experience.

• Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:26 AM In reply to

• robert333
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 30 2012
    • Posts 1

hi, yes you can surly remove your mugshot permanently from world wide web, and removemugshots.com can help you to fight back to restore your reputation and respect. my friend has suffered a lot because of his mugshot, he lost his job and even his relations. Then one of our mutual friend told us about removemugshots.com, a specialized approch that quickly and permanently removed my friend's mugshots and brought his privacy and repuataion back to him. So i think you must contact removemugshots.com, will resolve your problem.  

• Wed, Mar 27 2013 10:27 PM In reply to

what address did u send it to, if you don't mind me asking? and how long did it take for them to clean the record?

thanks ahead.

• Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:47 AM In reply to

• bobknob
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • FL
    • Posts 4

flarrests.com@domainsbyproxy.com

and

mugme.org@contactprivacy.com

I hope that helps.

• Sat, Sep 21 2013 11:43 PM In reply to

• MCHNCY
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 22 2013
    • Posts 1

Check this website:

It can remove the arrest records and mugshots from arrests.org, bustedmugshots.com, mugshotsonline.com, slcmugshots.com, mugshotlist.com, arre.st, arrestfiles.org, mugshotsworld.com, justmugshots.com, mugshots.mobi, mugme.org, flarrests.com , pdxmugshots.com.

It can maybe help you:

Normal 0 21 false false false EN-GB JA X-NONE

http://remove-mugshots.com

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community