Father sleeping in the same bed as his 11 year old daughter?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 09-08-2012 12:43 PM by Jsmitten-Esquire. 9 replies.
  • 09-05-2012 11:07 PM

Father sleeping in the same bed as his 11 year old daughter?

Is there anything I can do as the mother to my daughter if my ex says its ok for them to sleep in the same bed while he is visiting her from out of state? I told him that was not acceptable..He didnt but it was just the idea that he even said he would...and he refused to bring my daughter home when she told him she wanted to go home?

• 09-06-2012 12:28 AM In reply to

• CJ
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-02-1999
    • CA
    • Posts 1,616

Re: Father sleeping in the same bed as his 11 year old daughter?

It's not illegal nor is it "weird" unless you think he's do something to his daughter.  MANY parents sleep in the same bed as their kiddo's even 11 year old kiddos.  If your daughter is in the least bit uncomfortable she can always grab a blanket and a pillow and hit the floor.

• 09-06-2012 8:33 AM In reply to

Re: Father sleeping in the same bed as his 11 year old daugh...

Yah. its jacked up when you have only seen your father 5 times out of your whole life. and yes its very jacked up when your father is 35 and you are 11...sorry dude but I know what and how men sleep ummmm not something my daughter should see...

• 09-06-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,249

It may not be commom but its not illegal if that is your question. And what you think you know about men is not particularily relevant

If there is a custody / visitation order then both of you need to folllow at least until it gets modified.

If anything illegal took place I suspect an 11 year old can describe same and that might be law enforecment/CPS issue.

• 09-06-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

Can't help myself- how do men sleep?

• 09-06-2012 12:14 PM In reply to

lovemybabygirl:
    Is there anything I can do as the mother to my daughter if my ex says its ok for them to sleep in the same bed while he is visiting her from out of state?

I'm sure you can do lots of things.  If you're asking whether it's illegal for a parent (mother or father) to sleep in the same bed as his/her child, the answer is no (irrespective of gender or age).

lovemybabygirl:
    He didnt but it was just the idea that he even said he would...and he refused to bring my daughter home when she told him she wanted to go home?

This isn't a question despite your use of a question mark, so I'm not sure if you were intending to ask anything further or, if so, what you were intending to ask.

• 09-06-2012 12:16 PM In reply to

lovemybabygirl:
    sorry dude but I know what and how men sleep

Sorry, but this is a completely pointless generalization, and I can't even begin to imagine what you're implying.

I suppose, since you had sex with this particular man at least once (albeit perhaps not in more than a decade), you might have some idea "how" he sleeps, but I still don't see your point.

• 09-06-2012 12:17 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,175

lovemybabygirl:
    and he refused to bring my daughter home when she told him she wanted to go home?

Did she want to come home despite remaining time on his court ordered visitation?  If so, she doesn't get to dictate the terms or duration of her visit. 

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 09-06-2012 1:53 PM In reply to

• CJ
      Consumer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-02-1999
    • CA
    • Posts 1,616

First of all, I'm not a "dude".  I'm a mother, wife and daughter.  If you're referring that many men sleep in their boxers (all the men in my family do) and that's your concern then you need to understand it's not "illegal" but maybe uncomfortable.  This situation is easily fixed by sending your daughter with a sleeping bag when she goes for her visit.  You can not deny visitation based on this.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community