Daughter and boyfriend Robbed me

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 10-03-2012 12:05 PM by ca19lawyer2. 4 replies.
  • 10-02-2012 1:43 PM

• DBran
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-02-2012
    • TX
    • Posts 2

Daughter and boyfriend Robbed me

In February of this year I lost my apartment and moved in with my daughter, somewhat against my better judgement and the judgement of my other children, but I had no choice. 

I was there for four weeks, having moved in with 75% of my household goods, when my daughter "went off" on me and decided to throw me out. Before it was all finished, the cops were called, and I ended up in the hospital for two weeks. 

My daughter, who has the reputation of stealing things, had taken "some" of my things and put them into my storage unit. However, she picked and chose and kept things, many things which I wasnt able to inventory till just recently. She kept hierlooms dating back 50 years to my childhood, allowed furniture peices to be destroysed or discarded, even kept the portroit of my mother from the funeral. 

Her father was involved and told me they were packing the house, that I was NOT to go back to retrieve my things. There are polive reports stating that they could not keep nor dispose of my things. They did so anyway. 

Adding: I was in the hospital for two weeks when the police came they took me there, then a crisis center for a weeks after. After living in my car, I now have an RV I live in and a small storage shed. My family knew my situation fully. I had no job, no money. 

I want to know, since all of my furniture is gone, my heirlooms, oil paintings all the things I didnt want to store, are gone, what is my recourse now? 

• 10-02-2012 1:48 PM In reply to

Re: Daughter and boyfriend Robbed me

It's unclear why if you had become a resident the cops didn't strongly advise the woman that she'd face an unlawful eviction action if she precluded you from the home (short of getting a restraining order on you).

"I want to know, since all of my furniture is gone, my heirlooms, oil paintings all the things I didnt want to store, are gone, what is my recourse now?"

Not clear why you presume your personal property is "gone" and irretrievable.  I'd like to think you understand that you're free to pursue an unlawful eviction action, a return of personal property action (and compensation for value of all of these things, if not their return).

• 10-02-2012 1:51 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,429

DBran:
    what is my recourse now? 

You could try reporting that your items were stolen to local law enforcement.  Hopefully they would investigate.  The outcome is anybody's guess at this point.

DBran:
    I was in the hospital for two weeks when the police came they took me there, then a crisis center for a weeks after.

Why did the police take you to the hospital and/or crisis center?   

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 10-02-2012 2:35 PM In reply to

• DBran
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-02-2012
    • TX
    • Posts 2

I know its gone, because I took inventory of everything when I moved my things to where I am now. I also know, because when I ask her, shes says two things...1} I dont have them 2} I dont know where they are

I dont have the items. 

I was placed in crisis because I threatend suicide from being tossed into the street, I was feeling a bit hopeless, I also have drepression and severe anxiety. Hence they took me to the hospital

Yes the officers did inform them of the propety being mine should not be taken or disposed of. I am going to get police reports. 

• 10-03-2012 12:05 PM In reply to

This has nothing to do with family law.

You're free to sue your daughter and her boyfriend and/or report them to the police.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community