laws

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 02-06-2013 6:55 AM by henrylarry. 12 replies.
  • 10-10-2012 2:11 PM

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

laws

Can I lawfully sue a city for not serving my child custody warrants. My x has been to court twice already and has never been arrested for felony child support. He bought land from my county attorney's family, the county attorney's father is also a lawyer and employed my x's family and advises them on person matters. I went to court last week and my child support is messed totally up! Someone help please!!!

• 10-10-2012 2:23 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,552

Re: laws

mechlady:
    Can I lawfully sue a city for not serving my child custody warrants

Warrants for what?  What is the purpose of these warrants?

mechlady:
    My x has been to court twice already and has never been arrested for felony child support.

Were arrest warrants issued for his arrest? 

mechlady:
    I went to court last week and my child support is messed totally up!

How is it messed up?  Do you have an attorney?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 10-10-2012 3:56 PM In reply to

Not sure why this post is on a business law/discrimination board instead of one of the family law boards.

mechlady:
    Can I lawfully sue a city for not serving my child custody warrants. My x has been to court twice already and has never been arrested for felony child support.

I'm not sure what a "child custody warrant" is (doesn't sound like anything that would pertain to unpaid child support).  In any event, a suit against the city would not be viable.  I'm also not sure why you think it would do you any good to have your ex arrested for non-payment of child support.  Seems to me you'd be far better off seeking to enforce the support obligation by levying on bank accounts or other assets and/or garnishing his wages.

mechlady:
    Someone help please!

This is an Internet message board.  We can provide information in response to questions.  I'm not sure what "help" you think we can provide beyond that.  I suggest you consult with a local family law attorney.

• 10-10-2012 4:22 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

I think I'm being discriminated against because they won't ever serve my warrants, it's been 13 years. I went to court last week, it's not that I want him sent to prison, it's just not fair the way I've been treated. He has paid me $400 in the past year. My last court date, wasnt even recorded in the computers because they never served the warrants, but my x sure did come in to court!! He wants his payments lowered, after they just raised them, how does one get out of felony child support, is that legal? Not to mention, my county attorney is his friend. There was a different county attorney 4 years ago, now it's still going on. My child deserves his rights for child support and I think he should pay just like everyone else. He has claimed disability for 10 years, and he is younger than my!!! He used to bring in 2-3 check stubbs.... and say... I dont work that much, and works for cash all the time, and does good keeping his cigarette and beer habit and women up pretty good!

• 10-10-2012 4:23 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

I have not hired an attorney, I wan't sure if I needed one.

• 10-10-2012 4:28 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

I had warrants on my x 13 years ago, maybe, and it's been like this over and over and over. I'm just tired of him getting treated special. I'd like to know who is responsible for the warrants not being served all this time. I've had chest pains worrying about my bills and my sick child, I have classes that I've had to cancel, my mother just had an heart attack. My x's family never helps me, and I tried to get local sheriff and police department to help me arrest my x 10 years ago, this could've already been over. I've had to sell every thing I own because of this problem.

• 10-10-2012 4:29 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

I even turned my child support case over to the state of Texas because they wouldn't help me here. How much does someone have to take?

• 10-10-2012 4:36 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

This last time we went to court, no warrants served, my back child support was wrong also. Should'nt a County Attorney know exactly what is owed? Is there interest supposed to be added to that, see that's why I think it's all being done wrong. I was never included in a conversation where we were supposed to lower his payments either. I never saw them confront each other at the courthouse that day in the lobby, and he had a money order already made up. I just think somethings going on behind my back.

• 10-10-2012 4:41 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,552

mechlady:
    I just think somethings going on behind my back.

It's more likely that it's going on right in front of you.  You need to consult with an attorney and explain the entire situation to him/her.  Let that person figure out what, if anything, can be done for you.  If you try to do it yourself, you will still get nothing and continue to be stressed.  Get a good local attorney to hold his feet to the fire and do it tomorrow.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 10-10-2012 5:17 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

Well, where I live they are well known for having a "lacking" sheriff's department.

• 10-10-2012 5:57 PM In reply to

• mechlady
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2012
    • KY
    • Posts 9

I meant Felony child support warrants on my.

• 10-10-2012 6:17 PM In reply to

There's more ways to enforce child support than just issuing warrants for arrest.  It's unclear where the CS order resides as you've indicated that your state is KY, yet you mentioned Texas in the post.  If you are in KY, here is a link that might help you to the Kentucky Child Support website.  On this link you can find out how much is owed and how to contact a local office so that they may assist with garnishing his wages and/or bank accounts.

http://csws.chfs.ky.gov/csws/

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community