INS is questioning marriage after 3 1/2 Years

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 01-21-2013 7:04 PM by adjuster jack. 4 replies.
  • 11-04-2012 4:28 PM

• jeafra10
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-16-2010
    • CA
    • Posts 34

INS is questioning marriage after 3 1/2 Years

I am writing for a friend of mine. She came to this country when she was 4 years old from Mexico. She went to high school and fell in love with her classmate. She is 18 and he is 21, both being from homes that have high moral standards they decided to marry. They had a wedding and all family members were invited. They hired an attorney after they married and she applied for a Temporary Green Card, and she received it. Now the attorney says that the INS is having some doubt about the marriage, they need a lot more paperwork, has anyone had this problem and what did you have to produce besides the regular things, like rent, utilities, and paperwork that you both have your name on. Also they do pay taxes to the IRS.  They have no children.

• 11-04-2012 5:57 PM In reply to

Re: INS is questioning marriage after 3 1/2 Years

jeafra10:
    Now the attorney says that the INS is having some doubt about the marriage, they need a lot more paperwork, has anyone had this problem and what did you have to produce besides the regular things, like rent, utilities, and paperwork that you both have your name on. Also they do pay taxes to the IRS.  They have no children.

It occurs to me that the INS could be conducting routine and/or random checks on that type of marriage.

Your friend needs to rely on the lawyer to guide them through this.

As to what they'll have to produce it's likely to by anything and everything that will show that they have a real marriage.

I imagine that they might be interviewed separately a couple of times through the process.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 11-09-2012 11:39 AM In reply to

• jeafra10
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-16-2010
    • CA
    • Posts 34

Thank you for your encourgement.  She will go with her head held high and bring all of her papers and pictures of the last 4 years of her marriage.

• 01-21-2013 6:55 PM In reply to

• jeafra10
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-16-2010
    • CA
    • Posts 34

Wanted to add the end of story, she got her Green Card within 10 days of the interview, and you were right they just wanted more electric bills, water bills, bank accounts and etc.  No problem they were very nice.  They will be married 4 years in June. 

• 01-21-2013 7:04 PM In reply to

Always nice to read about successes.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community