co-owner property dispute issues

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 11-08-2012 8:36 AM by Drew. 16 replies.
  • 11-07-2012 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: co-owner property dispute issues

myhome:
    Any idea's how I start this code process as pro-bono.

You can try searching the website of "the district court in a county in which the property is located" to see if they have any guidance for would-be pro se filers on filing this type of petition in that court.  Or you could see if you can find a lawyer willing to handle this fairly simple job for a reasonable fixed fee.

Before you file your petition, though, make sure

(1) you paid your brother's share of the property taxes for at least 3 years and your brother has owned his share but failed to chip in on the property taxes for at least 5 years, and

(2) you've sent your brother an itemized request for payment of his fair share and can prove to the court that you did so.

BTW, if it were me, in my mailing I'd also request payment of his fair share of the other expenses, because he should pay them, of course, but also because an all-encompassing request is less likely to alert him to what you are planning next.

• 11-08-2012 8:36 AM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,914

Re: co-owner property dispute issues

If you all got your interests in 2009 then its not yet up to the 5 year problem cliff?

On what legal/fact  basis do you think you have estate costs which will result in a judgement against your brother?  Who was executor?

If you have a house sitting empty any too long you may run into serious insurability problems or whopping added costs.

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community