Any suggestions for free Contract Management Software?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-22-2013 5:32 AM by juliesmith. 6 replies.
  • 11-09-2012 1:25 PM

Any suggestions for free Contract Management Software?

I essentially need a program that allows me to create a database of all my contracts, with the ability to drag and drop different clauses wherever I see fit.  Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

• 11-09-2012 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Any suggestions for free Contract Management Software?

I'm not at all clear what the legal issue here is (except that it tangentially involves legal document production).  Sounds like a mis-pick on the forum/site?  :)

There are some automated software programs out there, but then there's also just having a boilerplate contract with every provision under the sun and deleting what you don't need.

• 11-09-2012 2:24 PM In reply to

Most good word processing and database programs you can't use (legally) for free. It's not exactly clear to me what you want to do. I don't quite see where a database program would be useful here. Certainly a good word processing system or document building program is great for taking basic standard contracts that you have (often referred to as boilerplate) and then modifying them to the extent needed for the particular situation you have. That's what lawyers often do. I use several different word processing programs for my work. But a database program isn't something that I'd see as useful for document creation and editing.

• 11-09-2012 2:26 PM In reply to

Thank you. I am looking for a way to take the hundred or so contact provisions I have and drag and drop them into a program to create a contract. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

• 11-09-2012 3:38 PM In reply to

youarehydrogen:

Thank you. I am looking for a way to take the hundred or so contact provisions I have and drag and drop them into a program to create a contract. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

You can do that easily with Microsoft Word.

Create a document with each provision, name the document, save it.

Then, when you want to create a new contract you can open each provision and copy and paste the provision into the new contract, leaving the provision documents intact.

As you create new contracts you can save them and name the document for a particular purpose or type of job, or any other criteria and save the sample for possible future use if you have the same type of job.

Over a period of time you'll find that you can open your completed contract samples and only need to change a few lines or a paragraph here and there without creating a new one from scratch.

But if you don't want to buy Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office you can do the same thing with Microsoft's Wordpad that comes with your Windows operating system.

Try it.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 11-10-2012 10:29 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,250

Many a word processing package will allow you to mix in from  100+ paragraphs  ---but it takes a lot of smarts to make a composite docuement hang together in a solid legal manner --I've seen supposedly well patched together leases that supposedly work in MD that result in a big bundle of nonsense in PA --and I'd suspect similar problems with any form of contracts used in multiple jurisdictions.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community