You say I am on PAIN Medicine ..Thats it...

Latest post Sat, Feb 23 2013 12:03 AM by Cicijo. 4 replies.
  • Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:52 AM

• dannyrowe
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 4 2013
    • NC
    • Posts 5

You say I am on PAIN Medicine ..Thats it...

3visits to hospital and after finding out what meds I was on they just wouldnt listen to anything about needing xray, after being turned away 3 times on Sept 8,9 26 ,i even thought i was losing it bc I know something was wrong well finally on Oct10 my wife rushed me to another hospital and told them I fell and needed immedaitly an xray and they did one and rushed me to a Trauma CMC hospital bc I had not only had a BROKE NECK but needed immediate surgery bc a CERVICAL SPINE INFECTION had ate my C4,C5,disck and spinal sack and started on spinal cord, If the 1st hospital would have done 1 xray then all this wouldnt have gotten deathly,I was told by my infection disease doc which I see monthly now for rest of life that if my wife didnt lie to 2nd hospital on 10th that I would be dead in a matter of 1 to 2 more days....10=20 doctors came to my room at CMC and wanted to hear my story bc it spreaded throughout CMC and they couldnt believe that the 1st hospital didnt even try to treat me and with1 xray , all that would have to be done was fuse my neck bone instead of removing the mush that once was called c4,c5 disk and replace with hardware..I have no life , death might of been better bc my life now is lying in same place 24/7 bc after taking 2000mg antibotics aday for rest of my life has killed my energy and immune system ,I cant have sex, I cant drive , I have no desire to go anywhere except monthly i do have to see my Infection Disease doc and pain doc but both doctors did and will testify in court on my behalf bc this should never got serious and they both said that I was not being treated at the hospital bc of the reason of my med that I was on and I dont know if you call this discrimination, mal practice ,negelance on the hospital ,,I was also self employeed with great business but didnt have ins,,But now I lost everything...So what do yoou recommend for me to do to get an att, to actually review this..

• Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:00 PM In reply to

• Cica
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 23 2003
    • Posts 6,520

Duplicate

Already posted Feb 4.

• Thu, Feb 21 2013 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: You say I am on PAIN Medicine ..Thats it...

Danny I had the same thing happen in pa one is at a hospital you spoke off they told me they would do nothing for chronic pain no matter how bad it was and try and see a pain doctor as soon as possible.They would do nothing to help me even when I asked toplease do something because the pain was unbearable, they did nothing but discharge me and knw there sending me bills for 800.00 dollars and some more from that day and they did nothing ,I ve been trying to get a laywer but nobody was to touch it for some reason. I'm at the point I don't no what to do but I will not pay them that I no. Jim

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:57 PM In reply to

ex-pa member:
    they told me they would do nothing for chronic pain no matter how bad it was and try and see a pain doctor as soon as possible.

I am guessing you were seen in the emergency room.  The ER is not for treatment of ongoing chronic conditions and due to the high abuse of narcotics many ERs now refuse to treat chronic pain and refer patients to bonafide pain clinics that are trained to treat chronic pain.  The emergency room is only obligated to evaluate and treat patients until they are medically stable.  

ex-pa member:
    They would do nothing to help me even when I asked toplease do something because the pain was unbearable, they did nothing but discharge me and knw there sending me bills for 800.00 dollars and some more from that day and they did nothing

Just because they didn't do what you wanted them to doesn't mean they did nothing.  

ex-pa member:
    ,I ve been trying to get a laywer but nobody was to touch it for some reason.

Because based on what you posted here there is no case.  You cannot force any provider to provide the treatment you want.  Especially when it involves narcotics.

ex-pa member:
    I'm at the point I don't no what to do but I will not pay them that I no

You can certainly choose not to pay the hospital but in this day and age hospitals are choosing to sue patients who refuse to pay their bills.  In doing so understand that it could get far more expensive if they go this route and you end up paying a judgement with attorney fees and interest on top of the bill.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Sat, Feb 23 2013 12:03 AM In reply to

• Cicijo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 16 2013
    • IL
    • Posts 40

dannyrowe:

3visits to hospital and after finding out what meds I was on they just wouldnt listen to anything about needing xray, after being turned away 3 times on Sept 8,9 26 ,i even thought i was losing it bc I know something was wrong well finally on Oct10 my wife rushed me to another hospital and told them I fell and needed immedaitly an xray and they did one and rushed me to a Trauma CMC hospital bc I had not only had a BROKE NECK but needed immediate surgery bc a CERVICAL SPINE INFECTION had ate my C4,C5,disck and spinal sack and started on spinal cord, If the 1st hospital would have done 1 xray then all this wouldnt have gotten deathly,I was told by my infection disease doc which I see monthly now for rest of life that if my wife didnt lie to 2nd hospital on 10th that I would be dead in a matter of 1 to 2 more days....10=20 doctors came to my room at CMC and wanted to hear my story bc it spreaded throughout CMC and they couldnt believe that the 1st hospital didnt even try to treat me and with1 xray , all that would have to be done was fuse my neck bone instead of removing the mush that once was called c4,c5 disk and replace with hardware..I have no life , death might of been better bc my life now is lying in same place 24/7 bc after taking 2000mg antibotics aday for rest of my life has killed my energy and immune system ,I cant have sex, I cant drive , I have no desire to go anywhere except monthly i do have to see my Infection Disease doc and pain doc but both doctors did and will testify in court on my behalf bc this should never got serious and they both said that I was not being treated at the hospital bc of the reason of my med that I was on and I dont know if you call this discrimination, mal practice ,negelance on the hospital ,,I was also self employeed with great business but didnt have ins,,But now I lost everything...So what do yoou recommend for me to do to get an att, to actually review this..

I hope you find a good malpractice attorney and file a lawsuit. If the first one won't help call another. I also hope you're not in a state with a max amount you can sue for.

It's a real shame how patients who have to take opioids are treated simply because they take opioids. In many areas patients can't find any doctor to treat them and emergency rooms just discharge them due to this hysteria we have going on. I'd much rather give a shot to ten drug seekers than let one true pain sufferer suffer.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community