How can I gain custody of my two younger cousins?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-23-2013 9:00 AM by henrylarry. 2 replies.
  • 05-21-2013 11:08 AM

• BRK2014
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-21-2013
    • GA
    • Posts 1

How can I gain custody of my two younger cousins?

First, allow me to explain the situation. During the 2010-2011 & part of the 2011-2012 school year, my parents tried to gain custody of my two younger cousins, one 5 at the time and a newborn. Their mother, my mom's baby sister, did drugs during her second pregnancy, resulting in her being born 12 weeks premature, and her twin brother sadly dying a few weeks later. My cousins and me & my parents live in two different states. My state  told us to not get anything major for the girls (furniture) until we were told that we had gain custody. However, when their state inspected our home, they wrote down the fact that we had nothing for the girl's besides a few clothes & toys. This, and the fact that my Father is a disbled yet, resulted in us not getting them, & they are now in their 3rd foster family. I want to know, is there anyway I personally can gain custody of them when I have my life fully in order?

• 05-21-2013 12:11 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,421

Re: How can I gain custody of my two younger cousins?

BRK2014:
    I want to know, is there anyway I personally can gain custody of them when I have my life fully in order?

How old are you?  If you are a minor and living ith your parents, then any decision on gaining custody will be made on your parent's situation not yours.

If you are an adult, living by yourself, then perhaps you would have a chance depending on your specific situation.  Are you employed?  Could you support two children?  Are your living arrangements sufficient?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community