Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 07-04-2013 5:23 PM by Matyoka. 2 replies.
  • 07-04-2013 2:51 PM

• Matyoka
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-12-2012
    • AZ
    • Posts 33

Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Howdy,

It's been 3 months now that Social Security benefits started rolling in. Notified OPM of the SSI payment awards right away and seems that took them 3 months to do some calculations. Today I noticed that my August OPM annuity has a new section included titled " CAO" in the amount of a couple of hundred dollars. I thought that my montly OPM annuity will be reduced by 100% of my SSI award for one year followed by 60% reduction afterwards. Why are they collecting this little? Let's say my OPM annuity is $2000 and my SSI is $1200. Why isn't my new OPM annuity $800?   

I am lost at this point...

Maty

• 07-04-2013 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

You can't be collecting SSI? I assume you meant SSDI.

Happy 4th to Attorney McGill and almost the entire crew here!                                                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CAO (CHANGE OF APPOINTING OFFICE)-

Movement of an employee from the jurisdiction of one appointing officer in an agency to that of another appointing officer in the same agency. This usually involves a move from a position for which one personnel office provides service and maintains records to a position for which another personnel office in the same agency provides service and maintains records. Prior to 1/1/82, such moves were sometimes identified on personnel actions with the abbreviation "CAO" following the nature of action."

• 07-04-2013 5:23 PM In reply to

• Matyoka
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-12-2012
    • AZ
    • Posts 33

Re: Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Yes, SSDI. Left the "D" off...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community