The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:23 PM by Matyoka. 2 replies.
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:51 PM

• Matyoka
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 12 2012
    • AZ
    • Posts 35

Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Howdy,

It's been 3 months now that Social Security benefits started rolling in. Notified OPM of the SSI payment awards right away and seems that took them 3 months to do some calculations. Today I noticed that my August OPM annuity has a new section included titled " CAO" in the amount of a couple of hundred dollars. I thought that my montly OPM annuity will be reduced by 100% of my SSI award for one year followed by 60% reduction afterwards. Why are they collecting this little? Let's say my OPM annuity is $2000 and my SSI is $1200. Why isn't my new OPM annuity $800?   

I am lost at this point...

Maty

• Thu, Jul 4 2013 4:44 PM In reply to

• I M Free
      Consumer
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 13 2007
    • Posts 853

Re: Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

You can't be collecting SSI? I assume you meant SSDI.

Happy 4th to Attorney McGill and almost the entire crew here!                                                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CAO (CHANGE OF APPOINTING OFFICE)-

Movement of an employee from the jurisdiction of one appointing officer in an agency to that of another appointing officer in the same agency. This usually involves a move from a position for which one personnel office provides service and maintains records to a position for which another personnel office in the same agency provides service and maintains records. Prior to 1/1/82, such moves were sometimes identified on personnel actions with the abbreviation "CAO" following the nature of action."

• Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:23 PM In reply to

• Matyoka
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 12 2012
    • AZ
    • Posts 35

Re: Collection of Annuity Overpayment commenced

Yes, SSDI. Left the "D" off...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community