Legal Description for Easement

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Fri, Oct 3 2014 1:10 PM by Radagast. 2 replies.
  • Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:45 AM

• Radagast
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 3 2014
    • UT
    • Posts 4

Legal Description for Easement

My client is granting a renewal of a term of years easement to a public utility company with a legal description that is absolutely garbage. I've asked the utility company for a current survey so that the renewal can include an accurate legal description for the infrastructure in place. The utility company is resistant, and will not conduct a legal survey unless absolutely necessary. External and internal pressures would kill any proposition of "give us a survey or else you can't have the renewal." I want to show the company that a survey is necessary by plotting a map of the legal description the company has provided me, and overlaying the map with a current Google maps aerial image of the current infrastructure. I've done some cursory research on plotting software (read I Googled it), but I think I'm in over my head here as to choosing a software. There are some free ones out there, but I'm leary of such progams because you really do get what you pay for. Any suggestions?  

• Fri, Oct 3 2014 12:29 PM In reply to

• Carol757
      Consumer
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 10 2001
    • Posts 448

Re: Legal Description for Easement

Duplicate post.

• Fri, Oct 3 2014 1:10 PM In reply to

• Radagast
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 3 2014
    • UT
    • Posts 4

Re: Legal Description for Easement

Why yes it is. Thank you, internet citizen against the injustice of duplicate posts. I'm sure that if you read the other one, you'll understand the legitimate reason for posting in two different forums, and your post rage we'll subside. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community