Appeals Council Remand

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 06-26-2008 9:18 AM by Superchick666. 3 replies.
  • 06-25-2008 6:05 AM

• wahmom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-13-2008
    • Posts 3

Appeals Council Remand

The appeals council has remanded my case back to the administrative law judge for further processing. I'm assuming this means I have to have another hearing.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get another hearing now? I had to wait almost 2 years for my first one. I truly hope it won't take that long. It has been almost 4 years since my initial application.
  • 06-25-2008 10:39 AM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Appeals Council Remand

My experience was only a few months waiting for a new hearing. Everything seemed to go fast the second time around. Remember you go in front of the same jusge.
  • 06-26-2008 1:51 AM In reply to

• wahmom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-13-2008
    • Posts 3

re: Appeals Council Remand

Yes unfortunately I do know that I go in front of the same judge. I really don't understand the process. After all what would make him admit that he made a mistake the first time? Why would he change his mind?

He wasn't a rude judge and all in all my attorney truly thought that it would be a favorable decision from the first hearing and so did I. Boy were we wrong. The ALJ wrote a 20 page (yes literally 20 pages) letter stating why he was not approving my claim.

How was your experience with your 2nd hearing? Did you get a favorable decision? Was the judge more receptive the second time around? Sorry for so many questions but not many people have been through this part of the process therefore there is not much information that I can find anywhere.

Thanks for your reply!
  • 06-26-2008 9:18 AM In reply to

Feedback [*=*] re: Appeals Council Remand

Keep in mind ALJs are lawyers with big egos. Sorry Docar, I really don't know why they change their minds, except maybe they don't want to be told they were wrong in the first place. I was approved the 2nd time and received a 20 page denial the first time, Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community