New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Thu, May 25 2017 4:15 PM by Frankie K. 1,661 replies.
  • Wed, May 10 2017 7:41 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 126

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questionsAny Wor

I have asked this question before and i will ask it again, Was it legal for the DMV to purposely site on applications prior to this regulation coming into effect? To me thats upholding a regulation that does not exist yet and should be against the law if it isnt already..Not all of us fall under this circumstance but many of us do..Does anyone think that is a winner argument?

• Wed, May 10 2017 7:47 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 126

I know I am going to have some neysayers saying, "what does it matter now?" but I am still willing to organize a march on albany. Who cares if it makes a difference! Atleast we will have the satisfaction to be able to tell the DMV how full of *** they really are! If anyone whats to get off their a@@ and actually do something, Let me know..Nothing gets done sitting at a comp screen complaining on how we were screwed!

• Wed, May 10 2017 11:46 AM In reply to

wonder if Sills will make any suggestions to his clients, if you are a client and hear anything possitive, please post and let us know his thoughts. Thank you!

• Wed, May 10 2017 12:11 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 126

Concerned grandmother:

wonder if Sills will make any suggestions to his clients, if you are a client and hear anything possitive, please post and let us know his thoughts. Thank you!

I dont know what is going on with Sills..He usually emails me and his other clients updates..I havent heard anything from him at all. Not even from the March 23rd court of appeals arguments...

• Wed, May 10 2017 12:34 PM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 24 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 71

I've been in out of this forum now for some-time and when the other thread was locked I ventured here. DWI May 2009 in November 2011 I applied for relicensure my app was upheld until after some Tuesday in September 2012. After that I received a letter stating that the NYSDMV does a lifetime lookback. For me 1990 and 1991 both in July speeding tickets 95 in a 55 and <120 in a 55 no alcohol involvement. Those two speeding tickets is what gave me the five year extension. I can reapply now with an A-2 license with all those dam restrictions or just keep driving as I have been for the last eight years. 

What happened in state excelsior with regulations with the DMV was a move made by andie boy cuome not the legislature. And the boy whop is out to make a name for himself for a potential presidential run in 2020.

TheHalf

• Wed, May 10 2017 12:48 PM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 71

Here's how I first found out about those draconian regulations.

http://albany-lawyer.blogspot.com/2012/10/ny-dwi-repeat-offenders-new-dmv-rules.html

TheHalf

• Wed, May 10 2017 12:55 PM In reply to

Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 17 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 5

In a perfect world you would be correct. But with all the corruption surrounding our great governor and his future plans you would have to be quite naive to believe cuomo would appoint judges that would not follow with his thought process and back what he's pushing. Obviously you believe judges are above all that but me and quite a few others here think that if you believe that there is a bridge in Brooklyn I would be very happy to sell you. I never really thought this would be changed and accepted what happened to me.

• Wed, May 10 2017 12:56 PM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 64

I got an email from Sills yesterday. It was a letter from him and a copy of the ruling.

The letter basically said :

"bad news, we lost. I thought we would win. There is nothing further we can do to challenge the regulations. If you are facing a lifetime ban based on the points on your license, reach out to a lawyer to see if you can get an old charge vacated. I am disappointed with this outcome. Good luck everyone."

I deleted it after I read it. It's over. 10+ years of this punishment and it's not done yet. So, that is your response from Sills.

• Wed, May 10 2017 1:09 PM In reply to

I totally agree, all the judges were picked by him. They all share the same ideas , this guy is in it for himself, sounds like a total douchè when giving a speech. The whole office is centered around tainted fruit from a posionious tree.

,  Why can't they come up with another way to get people back on with their lives? Isn't the the democratic way??

How is 6 years with no license protecting anyone? It is all political words and hog wash.

• Wed, May 10 2017 1:37 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

I love how how the judges and Coumo cherry pick stats too.  I would really love to know how many people have received 3 or 4 dwi's with no accidents or injury and have turned their lives around.  They had no problems after that.  How many times had the old system "worked".  

I also wonder how many deaths, accidents, and injuries have resulted from people with 0,1, or 2 DWI's. 

• Wed, May 10 2017 1:37 PM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 71

The justices in that hearing were selected by both cuomos andie boy and his late father Mario. andie boy should know by now he'll never be half the man his father was as NYS governor.

TheHalf

• Wed, May 10 2017 3:03 PM In reply to

Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 17 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 5

Wonder when they will address texting and driving which is hurting and killing more than dwi. Guess they haven't figured how to cash in on it yet. There is no MAT.

• Wed, May 10 2017 3:21 PM In reply to

Self driving cars will be allowed to be tested next year. There might be hope on the horizon.

• Thu, May 11 2017 2:11 AM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

Well there is one good thing that happened.  There is finally a conclusion!  I won't follow this site or Sill's case nearly as much, or even at all!  God Bless every one!  I know your pain.  I empathize with each and everyone of you.  

Page 107 of 111 (1662 items) « First ... < Previous 105 106 107 108 109 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community