The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Wed, Jun 28 2017 8:30 PM by Punching Bag 56. 1,766 replies.
  • Sun, May 28 2017 9:20 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 154

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

m j c04:

Its kind of hard for people to feel bad for u when u done the same bad thing 3-4 times..when u gunna learn u have a drinking problem 

WOW! You just put down 99% of this board with what you just said! So I guess your a troll..I though you were just an Ahole now I realize your much worse..Get a life! Obviously you dont have one If your on a board like and  you are not in the same boat as us..

Drivers license or not atleast I have a life!

Its people like you that sit on your a@@ and cry like babies because things didnt go your way but will put no effort into trying to fight and make things better

Write your letters and see where it gets you...I would suggest you get someone else to write them though! Im done with your simplton A@@

• Sun, May 28 2017 9:44 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 154

Concerned grandmother:

Get real and let everyone work and fight this issue together!!!

No offense but..

Together? What are we doig together as of right now to change anything? Please enlighten me? All I see is people not responsing or putting me down personally because I am trying to make a change!  I guess everyone has given up!?

I do not like the idea of being a burden to other people, I dont like having to turn away overtime at work because my bus schedule doesnt allow it, I dont like having to sit in the passenger seat of my 1987 Grand National while my girlfriend drives when we take it out on the weekends, I dont like the fact that we totally got screwed and blindsided with a regulation that was retroactive and very unfair, But most of all, I dont like the fact that I feel helpless and like less of a man because of all the above..

All I want to do is do something that may make a difference but hearing crickets from the people who probably feel the same pain as I do is very frustrating! It tells me that people have either given up or dont have the get up and go to do for themselves..

I dont know about you but I dont want to spend the next ten years posting here! License or no license that will NOT happen! If my license isnt ever coming back, I will find better things to do then to just contnue wasting my time on talk and no action

• Mon, May 29 2017 6:43 AM In reply to

So sorry I expressed my opinion on this forum, I thought it was a place to ask questions and add my thoughts! Wrong, good luck and enjoy the day!!

• Fri, Jun 2 2017 6:59 PM In reply to

Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 17 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 6

this HTML class. Value is https://m.facebook.c

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 12:05 PM In reply to

Concerned grandmother:

So sorry I expressed my opinion on this forum, I thought it was a place to ask questions and add my thoughts! Wrong, good luck and enjoy the day!!

I did’t get the impression that Billy G was slamming you for responding, but rather venting his frustration that he’s had little success getting people motivated to actually go out and make a real effort to change the law and get rid of the regulation that holding him and others here back from getting a license. The unfortuate reality is that in this country most people are simply not motivated enough to try to effect political change even on matters that affect them directly. Much of my practice involves tax law (though I handle other things as well) and I can tell you that getting people motivated to lobby for tax changes that would benefit them is also very hard. You'd think people would be active on matters that will hit their pocket book wouldn't you? But most Americans think it is a waste of their time and don’t bother. And then they express suprise that the tax laws tend to benefit the rich and large corporations — the very people who do bother to lobby for what they want. Where ordinary citizens band together to effect change they can be effective. Just look at the NRA, AARP, MAAD, and various other successful organizations for example. But you have to get people motivated to group together for change for it to happen and they have to be willing to work at it over a period of time and that's suprisingly hard to do. We are a culture that wants immediate results, and we seem to give up if we don’t get it. Write a letter to Congress, no change happens, and people figure it’s worthless to do more and give up. In politics, if you want it, you need to keep working at it. Those who do are the ones that have the shot at success. I've spent enough time in DC to see that over and over again. It’s no less true at the state and local level.

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 2:26 PM In reply to

Taxagent thank you for your response! And Billy G. sorry that I came across the way I did! I would love to help in  any way I could, I'm not a leader at all and don't live close to Albany but I do understand what taxagent is trying to get across in this response, this issue needs work and co-operation, working together to be effictive and getting someone to listen!! Are we talking months, years or what??? What needs to be done to get this change in motion??? Where to begin??? Please let us talk civil to each other and try to get things going!! I am certainly willing to do whatever to get this going!

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 2:51 PM In reply to

I have a good friend that has connections with reporters and newspaper personal in this area if that would be of any help.

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 3:37 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 154

Thats ok and I apologize if I came off a bit rude or nasty..The bottom line here is we need to all unite and put our heads together..The Rally I am trying to organize is just the first step in letting people know how unfair we are being treated by NYS and to also let NYS know that we are not just taking this sitting down...I dont know how well it will work or if it will work at all, but if we get a good group of people together we can organize more events hopefully with more and more people...If we come on here and my Facebook page the day after the rally and say we had a successful rally with 50-100 people than Im sure that will motivate more people to go next time..Like I said before, If we had only 10% of the 13,000 people that are in this mess, We would have a nice sized crowd that cant be ignored...This is the first time Im doing anything like this and Im sure its the first time for many others so, Its not like we are going to be a well oiled machine right out of the gate..We will live and learn in time as we go threw this but we need to get together and learn how to fight this together..As for talking to your friend that sounds like a great idea..

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 6:02 PM In reply to

Keep me informed and share what is needed to be done, please!

• Sat, Jun 3 2017 9:51 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 154

All we are doing right now is getting a rally in order for July 13th in Albany..I dont know if you are a member to the facebook page I created or not but if not you may want to join..You will see all the details on there.. Check it out..

The people vs. New York State DMV against unfair treatment and regulations
  • Sun, Jun 4 2017 10:57 AM In reply to

How do I join?

• Sun, Jun 4 2017 11:05 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 154

Just go to the facebook page and request to join the group and I will approve it.

• Sun, Jun 4 2017 6:19 PM In reply to

Thought this group was private, cancelling request

• Mon, Jun 5 2017 4:01 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 154

There are three settings to the facebook group

Public..Which anyone can find the group, see who is in it, and read posts

Closed..People can find the group and see who is in it but cannot read posts

Secret, Only members can find the group and see who is in it...

I have the setting to closed...I cant put it to Secret or people will not find the group...We want as many people that are going threw this to find the group as possible..The more people the more support. HOPEFULLY!

Page 113 of 118 (1767 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community