The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Wed, Jun 28 2017 8:30 PM by Punching Bag 56. 1,766 replies.
  • Tue, Jun 6 2017 2:58 AM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 24 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 72

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

N.Y. judge arrested, led from courthouse in handcuffs

A must read: http://www.msn.com/en-...

TheHalf

• Tue, Jun 6 2017 7:33 AM In reply to

This has been happening in my area..  This chick just flaunts the law because she is a judge..  She blew off her last court date entirely so upon showing her face they slapped the cuffs on her!  Power and influence doesn't always swing the scales of justice like tons of $$$$ and a good lawyer!

Don't Judge me by my past-  I don't live there anymore!

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 5:16 AM In reply to

Is anyone still using this forum?

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 5:36 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • Posts 127

Everyones on the fb page looking at the sign billy made that looks like a 5 yr old wrote it

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:22 AM In reply to

Please give him credit for getting this rally on its way, something needs to be done and he's starting it!!! Don't belittle him!!! Ask yourself, am I doing anything to help this cause!!

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 10:37 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 154

It wasnt a sign u piece of *** troll.It was written on a piece of 8-1/2 by 11 printing paper just stating what will be on my sign..Wheres yours? Thats right you probably dont need one because you probably have a license..Why dont you get a life?

You know what? I retract my statement! Your not worth it!

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 10:39 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 154

Why dont you man up and show who you are on the facebook page? Woosy!

• Wed, Jun 14 2017 7:06 PM In reply to

• JW NYC
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 21 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 17

Anybody ever try for a motorcycle license ? Or is this damn state 

denying that as well? 

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 12:05 AM In reply to

JW NYC:

Anybody ever try for a motorcycle license ? Or is this damn state denying that as well? 

A motorcycle license is a driver's license with a motorcyle endorsement on it. If you are prohibited from a driver's license under the 2012 regulation, that means all types of driver's licenses, including those with motorcyle endorsements. In short, a motorcycle isn't going to be a solution to this problem.

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 6:08 AM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 67

Taxagent:

JW NYC:

Anybody ever try for a motorcycle license ? Or is this damn state denying that as well? 

A motorcycle license is a driver's license with a motorcyle endorsement on it. If you are prohibited from a driver's license under the 2012 regulation, that means all types of driver's licenses, including those with motorcyle endorsements. In short, a motorcycle isn't going to be a solution to this problem.

Well, I guess this site is shutting down at the end of the month. I want to thank TaxAgent for trying his best to answer any questions (including the ridiculous one above) regarding our situation. Seriously, you think they're going to grant you a license for a motorcycle?????

Thanks TaxAgent. Take care everyone. 

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 6:44 AM In reply to

Thank you to everyone in the situation or those who have just offered advice on the regulations. This site has been a nice community to ask questions,look for answers and overall vent.

I feel like a dark cloud in society and hope and pray that my quality of life can someday improve. I will work for myself and the other 13,000 people affected by the regulations when I get the motivation  to start punching the keyboard again. The emails I sent fell on blind eyes and OASAS couldn't help.  My next approach will be to send a letter to a Senator or the 2018 Governor canididate Rob Astorino...throwing darts and pulling straws but it gives me hope and motivation.

Best of luck to you all on surviving your revocation periods(however you do it)  and people suffering under the lifetime, I hope there is a change.

Thanks again for you support and advice.

Muleskinner

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 9:11 AM In reply to

Hi Everyone,    I'm new to signing into this site but I have been reading along with everyone for over a year now.  I had trouble signing in with my email account so signed in with my girlfriends finally.  I am sad to hear that this site will be closing, but I want to also thank everyone for helping me survive with this terrible regulation.  I fall into the banned for life category with 2 dwi over my lifetime and 3 dwais some of which were more than 22 years ago.  No felony charges or jail time ever.   I was hoping and praying for Eric Sills to win, and I know that he should of won but did not because of NYS corruption.  My girlfriend falls into the wait 5 additional years category.  My elderly parents have been helping us survive along with my Ebike that I ride during the warmer months.  I've applied 3 times to the DMV completing all necessary programs and have also appealed the denial called an article 78.  I also said the ***heck with the regulations and drove for 3 and 1/2 years until my car broke down one day and I borrowed my mothers car.  Turns out that the license plate holder was illegal because the plastic that the car came with touched the NY Empire state letters on the plate causing me to get pulled over after picking my girlfriend up from her job.  AUO in the 2nd degree was the charge with 240 hrs of community service and a misdemeanor charge.  No fun and not worth it.  I support Billy G. in his efforts to rally up in Albany July 13th in hopes of making a change.  I will also be writing to my local Senator *** F. O'Mara.   The effects of this retro-active regulation are devastating and I wish everyone the best.  Thanks everyone for contributing to helping me to survive .

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 12:47 PM In reply to

what would a felony charge for 2 DWIs within 10 years be as far as points or whatever?

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 12:57 PM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 67

Concerned grandmother:

what would a felony charge for 2 DWIs within 10 years be as far as points or whatever?

around 5,362

• Thu, Jun 15 2017 1:16 PM In reply to

And that means???????

Page 114 of 118 (1767 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community