New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Fri, Jan 20 2017 2:34 PM by erickench. 1,291 replies.
  • Tue, Dec 13 2016 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

I think the best thing to do is to wait until the  arguments are made to the Court of Appeals. A protest at this point could do more harm than good...no need to stir the pot.

Then let's think about getting the law adjusted in some fashion,  with conditional license ignition interlock etc... There must be a way to have the public safe and have us be able to drive to work. These new regulations have really read  havoc with all of us. All from an  executive order .  

Go to Twitter and support the impeach Cuomo feed. People are so tired of this guy and you will see some funny posts.

I am all for putting our energy to something good however I don't think a protest at this time is wise for our case.

Lets hang tight.

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:21 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 72

KingCuomo:

we will get no sympathy protesting. we are labeled as the biggest menaces to society. do you honestly think anyone is going to care at all that convicted drunk drivers are having their licenses withheld? I highly doubt it.

I haven't driven in almost 10 years. I will patiently await the decision from the Sills case and see what happens after that. I'm not freezing to protest something that no one will care about. If anything, they will find glee in the fact that we cannot get our licenses back. Good luck to everyone on here.

Well something will have to be done in the event we lose..I havent driven now going on 9 years! We have to do something! Sitting on here crying the blues isnt getting us anywhere..Nothing was ever accomplished without putting some sort of work into it..Just saying!

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:26 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 72

Mule skinner:

I think the best thing to do is to wait until the  arguments are made to the Court of Appeals. A protest at this point could do more harm than good...no need to stir the pot.

Then let's think about getting the law adjusted in some fashion,  with conditional license ignition interlock etc... There must be a way to have the public safe and have us be able to drive to work. These new regulations have really read  havoc with all of us. All from an  executive order .  

Go to Twitter and support the impeach Cuomo feed. People are so tired of this guy and you will see some funny posts.

I am all for putting our energy to something good however I don't think a protest at this time is wise for our case.

Lets hang tight.

I agree! If we get a bad decision come February I think we should take to Albany in March with as many people as we can...If you havent already joined please join my facebook page so that (if need be) we can all organize via the page..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/562453607285094/

Merry Christmas

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:28 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 72

m j c04:

This sucks. We are screwed. If we go on a fri the courthouse is closed sat n sun. If we go on a monday then we miss work that week. Augh. Id think last week in feb would be perfect..im coming from buffalo ill see you there.

Lets hang tight and see what happens..We will figure something out all together...Keep your hopes up, We will get threw this thing..In the meantime, If you havent joined the facebook page please do so..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/562453607285094/

Enjoy the holidays!

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:29 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 72

To all my friends here on this page, Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Lets keep the faith that next year will be OUR YEAR!

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 11:51 AM In reply to

• erickench
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 26 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 136

Do we have a court date setup? It's almost the end of the year.

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 12:18 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 76

What do u care about a court date for? Your in another state..driving around. All your problems are solved..

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 1:30 PM In reply to

• erickench
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 136

m j c04:

What do u care about a court date for? Your in another state..driving around. All your problems are solved..

Still have decisions to make. I will get out of Brooklyn eventually. I decided that a long time ago before this bullshit happened. I'm just trying to decide where to go.

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:03 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 76

So... What your telling me is...That you lied on your application in alabama about your permenent residence to obtain a drivers liscense so that you can live in brooklyn still and drive with a alabama liscense. Because we all know as you told us that you cant get a liscense in bama unless that was your permenent residence. You committed fraud to get what you want which is why you will never learn your lesson

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 3:29 PM In reply to

• Bigg Al
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 28 2015
    • FL
    • Posts 20

Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and worry about yourself. Wasn't it NY and their unlawful implementation of these new regulations that were put in place the cause of our driving issues? 

I drive now and could care less about these regulations, does my driving "illegally" bother you too m j c04? I for one followed their "NYS" rules and look where it got me. So piss off you bleeding liberal.

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 4:22 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 76

I dont care that you too drive illegally..but when you slip up which you most likely will..I will care because idiots like you will ruin it for the rest of us! When they look and say ya these idiots drive no matter what they wont have sympathy for us!! 

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:08 PM In reply to

• Bigg Al
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 28 2015
    • FL
    • Posts 20

m j c04,

I don't think anyone gives a ***, are you too blind to realize this? Stop worrying about everyone else and worry about yourself, most of us have to work and take care of our families, and NYS and taking my right to live away, not after I played by their rules. I don't drink no more, haven't done so in over 10 Years, I don't want a pat on my back and I sure as *** don't want no at e boy, I changed my way of life all on my own, the only help I needed was the support my family gave me, no one else. We followed the rules and NYS changed those rules on each and every one of us, do you think I'm gonna give a flying FK what you or anyone else thinks?

NYS broke the law, but no one cares, I aint bending over for this one, but hey if you don't mind then go ahead and take it like a Man.    

It's a game changer now, and I don't care about breaking the single rule/law that was unconstitutionally modified after the fact. You can sit there and wine all you want but the fact is it is liberals like you who voted these idiots into office. 

Thank GOD you didn't get your way with Hillary, or we would be set to loose more of our rights.

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:23 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 76

I voted for trump you fool. Never would i vote for killery. But thats irrelevant so dont bring politics into this and change the subject to the fact that as of right now its NOT unconstitutional because the dmv is their own entity and can make their own rules. If it was unconstitutional I would have won my appeal 2-3 yrs ago along with whoever else filed an appeal when i faught it for that exact fact. Do i agree with it? No but the fact of the matter is that im in the same boat as you and when your dumba$$ gets picked up it makes us all look bad..but obviously you dont care just like you didnt 15-20 yrs ago which is only going to get you put away for a long time IF u get caught. Then what? Your family suffers and you punk out and end it bc you cant handle it. Visious cycle 

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 PM In reply to

• erickench
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 136

m j c04:

So... What your telling me is...That you lied on your application in alabama about your permenent residence to obtain a drivers liscense so that you can live in brooklyn still and drive with a alabama liscense. Because we all know as you told us that you cant get a liscense in bama unless that was your permenent residence. You committed fraud to get what you want which is why you will never learn your lesson

I have no intention of driving a car illegally in New York. I did that once already and I got caught. As for Alabama, I've already established my residency there. I am presently in New York to settle my mother's estate and because my father is in an assistant living center in Brooklyn. Otherwise, I'd be outta here in two seconds!!!

• Thu, Dec 22 2016 10:56 PM In reply to

Bigg Al:
    It's a game changer now, and I don't care about breaking the single rule/law that was unconstitutionally modified after the fact.

Whatever else you may think of the DMV regulation, it does not appear to violate the federal Constitution. Every court to have looked at that issue has said that there is no violation of the Constitution. I have explained before in this thread why that is the case. In particular the ex post facto prohibition in the Constitution does not apply because the DMV regulation is not a criminal provision. The U.S. Supreme Court has long held that the ex post facto rule in the Constitution only applies to criminal laws and rules. As the DMV regulation at issue here is simply a regulation regarding who gets a license and who doesn't it does not run afoul of the ex post facto restriction.

The case now before the NY Court of Appeals raises various arguments that the DMV rule violates NY law. The argument that I think may have the most chance of success is that the DMV exceeded its authority in issuing this regulation and effectively took on the role of the legislature. It is far from a slam dunk win on that, though. At the lower appeals court level, only two of the five judges agreed with that argument. So there is no guarantee that a majority of the Court of Appeals will agree with it. We will find that out sometime next year.

Page 85 of 87 (1292 items) « First ... < Previous 83 84 85 86 87 Next > | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community