New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Sat, May 27 2017 10:20 PM by Billy G. 1,671 replies.
  • Tue, Feb 7 2017 7:04 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 129

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

ClydesMom:

Billy G:
    What about the right to be productive member of society instead of a burden on society? What about the right to work and the freedom to succeed?

No one is taking that right away from you.  You CHOSE your behaviors.  PERIOD.  You have a job.  If you have issues doing it because of transportation problems that is between you and your employer.  It is not the responsibility of the DMV or the state to solve that for you.

Billy G:
    I know I am going to be told to move closer or get a new job..What right do they have to have the power to do that?

Ask your union rep.  The reality is they are not required to provide transportation for you to get from upstate NY to Staten Island.  If you cannot get to the jobsite your recourse is through the union that is an employment issue not a DMV issue.

Billy G:
    I am supposed to leave my job of 30 years to start new somewhere else for much less of a salary?

It may come to that and quite frankly something you should have considered before you got behind the wheel drunk multiple times.

Billy G:
    I get there is no legal right to have a license but what about our right to be treated fairly?

"Fair" has nothing to do with it.  You made your choices.  I presume you had a trial or more than one.  You are an adult and acutely aware there are consequences to every behavior you engage in.  Your privilege to have a drivers license does not outweigh the entire public's right to not have multiple DUI offenders on the road.  

Agree with it or not but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Whatever dude! I dont have time to argue with people who THINK they are perfect! 

• Tue, Feb 7 2017 7:08 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 129

Screwed 4 Life:

Darn...  Can't resist!

ClydesMom:

Billy G:
    What about the right to be productive member of society instead of a burden on society? What about the right to work and the freedom to succeed?

No one is taking that right away from you.  You CHOSE your behaviors.  PERIOD.  You have a job.  If you have issues doing it because of transportation problems that is between you and your employer.  It is not the responsibility of the DMV or the state to solve that for you.

So it was just OK for Cuomo to rip the rug out from under everyone?

Billy G:
    I know I am going to be told to move closer or get a new job..What right do they have to have the power to do that?

Ask your union rep.  The reality is they are not required to provide transportation for you to get from upstate NY to Staten Island.  If you cannot get to the jobsite your recourse is through the union that is an employment issue not a DMV issue.  

Possibly..  a rare pearl from the Trollette!

Billy G:
    I am supposed to leave my job of 30 years to start new somewhere else for much less of a salary?

It may come to that and quite frankly something you should have considered before you got behind the wheel drunk multiple times.  Sing it in the choir Trollette!

Billy G:
    I get there is no legal right to have a license but what about our right to be treated fairly?

"Fair" has nothing to do with it.  You made your choices.  I presume you had a trial or more than one.  You are an adult and acutely aware there are consequences to every behavior you engage in.  Your privilege to have a drivers license does not outweigh the entire public's right to not have multiple DUI offenders on the road.  

Agree with it or not but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  

Trollette has stated hundereds of times her view of our plight is skewed and her way of thinking is the ONLY way it should be..  

So taking licenses protects the many?  

/-@@-\   Look @ the numbers and tell me just how much Cuomo's Emergency rule change has improved DWIs in this state???  It has, however spiked an increase in AUO's..  Now statistics can be manipulated by any agency to show something is going on but the truth is a totally different thing..  That is the wonderful thing about statistics and data..

But yet again..  this new law NY citizens are all subject to (but her and the other sheep) is the perfect solution to the DWI problem..  Fat chance CM..  

Good for you screwed! I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time but to act perfect..Im not fooled! Truth is people who take the time to be trolls probably have it worse then us!

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:32 AM In reply to

Billy G:
    Good for you screwed! I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time but to act perfect..Im not fooled! Truth is people who take the time to be trolls probably have it worse then us!

NO ONE Is trolling you and you know it.  Sorry but your pathetic tale of woe on how you shouldn't have to follow the laws doesn't cut it.  Here is the reason why you won't have success in over turning this:

"A 23-year-old woman lost her unborn baby girl and husband after an alleged drunk driver reportedly ran a stop sign and crashed into her family's car Saturday.

Alexander Delapaz Perez, 56, who has two prior DUI convictions, allegedly plowed into the driver's side of the couple's car at about 2 a.m., according to a police report.

Angel Barranco, 35, and his wife Barbara Velasco, who was 7 months pregnant, were transported to the local hospital, but Barranco and the unborn baby did not make it, reports said.

Velasco and her mother, Monica Alarcon, 42, suffered major injuries in the crash, according to reports."

There are too many of these crashes and quite frankly this idiot only got caught twice.  The chances are he dorve drunk A LOT.  Every one of you took chances you should not have and now don't want to pay the price.  Well this woman, her baby and husband along with their other two children paid the ultimate price.  How many people have to suffer so you can have what you want?  Again, the needs of the many out weigh your selfish wants.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:19 AM In reply to

**Let's tune the MADD violin for the tales cited above now...   La la la..

CM-  spare us all with your judgemental and all DUI drivers must die views.  It is not what this blog is about yet you keep chiming in with your views again and again.  NOBODY argues that we are opposed to following the laws of this state.  What we are against is the way the Emergency regulation lumps things that are decades old and throws it back in everyone's faces thus destroying thier lives..   

Face the reality dear-  Driving a vehicle on the highway is dangerous for a multitude of reasons.  Looking @ the data from the NHTSA our fair state has not really improved at all as of 2015..  This piece of crap legislation has not yielded an IOTA or huge improvement as touted my the Governor..  It's like just about any other lame-brain idea he comes up with..  Sounds great on the podium but the results just aren't there..  Just a lot of hot air and canoli breath is all it results to..

Don't Judge me by my past-  I don't live there anymore!

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 6:44 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 129

No its you who is pathetic with nothing better to do then to be on a site they do not belong on with 12000+ posts! Get a life and stop trying to agitate people! :) Have a nice life!

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 6:51 PM In reply to

• loop46
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 15

I am sorry but there are always two sides to every argument and DWI regulations are one.

Are Governor has no plans to help solve the problem and keep our state productive. Virginia is leading the way with the government trying to solve the problem by supporting the DADSS program and helping to install an interlocking type device in every vehicle and stopping the problem before there is one.  This is the only true way to stop it.  Alcohol impairs everyone’s judgement when consumed (Jackal and Hyde) syndrome. We are still human and are prone to make mistakes but we can prevent it before it happens.

Both sides loss on this topic

1)     The Victim if there is an accident involving another party

May be maimed and or killed

2)     The Driver that lives with a life long struggle due to an impaired judgement call.

Living with the thought of what he/she has done for the rest of their life

And also any legal obligation due to it.

Both sides lose and have to live with the outcome for the rest of their lives.

There is also the outcome of the person that has drank very little and believes that they are legal to drive and do so. But seeing that there is no way to truly know if you are in the legal range to drive other than your own opinion where you run a chance to being pulled over and not being legal. This is the person that has to face a unneeded outcome due to them trying to be responsible but now face huge legal obligations.

With these devices installed in all vehicles, all parties are winners and will not have to live with the lifelong lose or struggle. These regulations the governor has imposed have not stopped anything but from people getting a license and leading a productive life. There is still just as many Dwi’s a year and more people are driving without a license to provide for their families. This is not working and will not without stopping it before it happens.

The DADSS program is still a few years out but there could be more work with present Interlock devices and routine inspection to make sure that they are being installed and used properly and people shouldn’t be recharged for something that they have already did their time for. 

• Wed, Feb 8 2017 7:33 PM In reply to

• Bigg Al
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 27 2015
    • FL
    • Posts 27

Blame all for the unfortunate actions of a few, yeah that's how you fix the issue. Last time I checked we didn't live in a communist country, but then again NY is considered by many as a communist state as is California and a few others. I'm so happy Trump Won and my vote counted. A shooting happens and many anti gunners use the tragedy to further their anti gun agenda, same goes for every other tragedy. Liberalism is a disease that must be cured .

• Thu, Feb 9 2017 9:59 AM In reply to

erickench:

That's why it's best that actual lawmakers make these decisions and not bureaucrats.

Agency regulations are a part of our law and will remain so for the foreseeable future. It is quite impossible for legislatures to enact all the details needed to implement the laws that they pass. Legislators lack both the time and expertise for that. This is why legislatures (including Congress) empower agencies to issue those kinds of detailed rules. The agencies do not always do a good job, of course, but in that event the legislature retains the power to overturn any agency regulation it does not like. The NY legislature could kill this regulation if it wanted. But its been over 4 years since the regulation was issued and the legislature seems to have little interest in doing that.

• Thu, Feb 9 2017 10:46 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 129

People and trolls can say all they want to say on how we dont stand a chance but the truth is, I trust Sills and think if he thought we didnt stand a chance he wouldnt have bothered. Sure he has a lot of clients and made a lot of money but he has also spent what? 3 years of his time on this now? He could easily use that time to probably make more money on other cases.

If we didnt stand a chance we wouldnt have made it to where we are now..I forgot where I got the info from but its to my understanding that the court of appeals could have denied hearing the case if we didnt have 2 of 5 judges side with us at the appelate division..So if thats the case then no one can say that we do not have a chance!

98% of americans thought the Patriots were out at half time and look what happened! Heads up people..Pay Sills your time and attention  NOT Trolls and neysayers...

• Sat, Feb 11 2017 6:33 AM In reply to

• JSS1
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 11 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 2

Question.  I have 3 convictions so I will be subject to the 6 month plus 5 year plus 5 year restricted.  I was traveling and just over 6 months have passed.  I have not yet completed the DDP.  Can I still apply to get the 5 year clock started?  Thanks!

• Sat, Feb 11 2017 6:59 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 110

I could be wrong. But as far as i know it..with 3 convictions in a 25 yr peroid..you get 5 yr revocation..with an additional 5 yr denial letter which puts you at 10 yrs no driving. Then if you do get your liscense back..its 5 yr restricted liscense with interlock device. Id get that clock started asap..i dont know if ddp will be any benefit to you at this point. Join the club

• Sat, Feb 11 2017 7:08 AM In reply to

• JSS1
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 11 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 2

Understood.  I should have been clearer.  I have a DWAI and DWI both more than 10 years prior to my 20916 DWI conviction.  So I am subject to the statutory 6 month which has just came and went.  Then the 5 year add'l revo.  then the 5 year with a2 restriction.  I was ordered as part of plea for 2016 to DDP.  I just hadnt done it yet and was concerned that the 5 year clock wouldnt start until all was completed in that respect.  I should probably just apply immediately.  I have no SDO so this should be straightforward.  Anyway anymore guidance would be apprecaited and thanks for that prompt reply.  Let's hope the Acevedo appeal prevails...

Page 89 of 112 (1672 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community