New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Tue, Mar 28 2017 4:05 AM by Justitia. 1,473 replies.
  • Fri, Apr 8 2016 8:06 PM In reply to

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

How very disillusioned it is to think, that there are any tips and trick that can be applied, after the fact. As much as I wish it were true, tips and tricks, are for contemplation before it is too late. There are no tips and tricks, for after you are permaently revoked, by regulation. Should you have anything there? I would be thrilled to hear hear them, as well as most people here. Unfortunately, that is a fantasy, and there has been quite the dissenting quorum, where the court is concerned, and I would not count it out!

If ther was US Supreme Court jurisdiction (a driver's license is a prviledge, and not a right, and in my opinion, incorrectly classified, however...), this would have been over long ago, in our fa (ex-post facto nature) Eric Sills has great arguments, and is quite competent/

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 5:01 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 92

Each state is different as the rank of courts goes. Supreme may be the highest in Alabama I don't know for sure and don't really care. But with other things on my mind you seem to have an answer for everything you should become a lawyer. Except the answer for why your in the situation your in now. If you think you can run from your problems and keep going state to state I assure you it won't be an easy sail. Nonetheless u need to stop drinking n driving before you kill someone.

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 5:41 AM In reply to

• tommyh
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 3 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 94

So ,August 2017 I can reapply for a license .(i lost mine feb.2011 ) .I know some of the basic requirements to reapply ,such as paying the 750.00 to the DMV;  my question is for those going threw this process now ( or recently).. Are there any tips or advise you can give me?  Any comments about the  relicensing process ?  Thank You.  

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 6:00 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 92

I haven't drove since 07, was giving a 5 yr revocation which brought me to 2012 only to find out I get an additional 5 yrs which will put me at Nov 2017. So I'm in the same boat as you. I know you have to give the 50 or 100 reapp fee with your application. Also you need an evaluation from a certified oasis counselor from nys dated within one year of your application.. 

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 6:07 AM In reply to

tommyh:

So ,August 2017 I can reapply for a license .(i lost mine feb.2011 ) .I know some of the basic requirements to reapply ,such as paying the 750.00 to the DMV;  my question is for those going threw this process now ( or recently).. Are there any tips or advise you can give me?  Any comments about the  relicensing process ?  Thank You.  

Pay up your fines and DMV responsibility assesment fees up front.  Do you have OASES certification within the last year?  Then-  Pony up another $100 and mail an application to the DMV DIB..

Once approved you will need to pass the written test and take the 5 hour course then schedule / pass a road test to get back on the road.  If you lost your license for a DUI you will need the interlock and may get an A2 license but will be able to drive to work and the doc's legally.

Here's a link to the DMV's WEBSITE outlining the process

Once you get through all that a word to the wise-  Never drink and drive again!

Good Luck Tommy!

Don't Judge me by my past-  I don't live there anymore!

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 6:28 AM In reply to

• tommyh
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 3 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 94

thanks 4 life, Yes I was convicted of my 3rd DWI, feb ,2011, I did complete an oasis program 9/12 so I guess I need to go back for an evaluation,I havent had a drink since my last arrest sept.16 th 2010, I'm sure I will never drink and drive again,not after the last experience ,losing job,incarceration,etc.... just is not worth it !!

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 10:05 AM In reply to

persistentlyignorantgovernor:

That directed at Cyldesmoms post.

You may as well howl at the moon with that one!  She belives everyone who drives under the influence is reponsable for her son.. 

BTW->   I love her 'selfie' in her avatar!

BWAHHHAHHHHHAHHHHAAAAAHHAAAAA!!

• Sat, Apr 9 2016 3:28 PM In reply to

Screwed 4 Life:
    She belives everyone who drives under the influence is reponsable for her son.. 

You are an idiot.  Get your facts straight.  First:  I don't have a son.  NEVER did.  Second:  it is my cousin that was killed by a drunk driver, and when SHE can climb out of her grave and see her children again then and ONLY then would I even consider letting repeat offenders drive again.

Screwed 4 Life:
    You may as well howl at the moon with that one!

You got that right.  It is my right to vehemently oppose repeat offenders being allowed to drive.  Let me be clear:  I don't care what rehab you did.  I don't care how much you claim you have changed.  Doesn't matter.  You made your choices now you live with them.  The same way my cousin's family lives without their mother because of a repeat offender who believed he was above the law and should be allowed to continue to drive under the influence.  

Fortunately the legislators and voters agree with me and not the small percentage who actually think they should get a pass for their bad behavior and choices.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Sun, Apr 10 2016 8:01 AM In reply to

Im sure everyone here is sorry for your families loss. But your loss doesnt give you the right to sit here and judge anyone.

I would imagine that the percentage of people that have had a few drinks and got in their car and consciously decided they were going to get in a horrible car wreck and kill someone is around 0%. Im not suggesting that this excuses their actions. But at the same time there is a clear distinction between a person who uses bad judgement and causes others harm and a person who intentionally causes others harm.

Your obviously a bitter person, and clearly much less of a person for taking pleasure on the lives of others being devastated by this situation. Not everyone effected by this deserves to have their families, their careers, their lives destroyed. Maybe some do, but Im sure most don't.

There are better ways to keep people safer on the roads. The problem is that the powers that be don't care enough to take the time to come up with a plan that works. If you were less bitter and truly worried about keeping the roads safer you would realize that replacing drunk drivers with unlicensed and uninsured drivers is about as foolish as it gets.

Go get some counciling and come back when you have an idea that would actually make a difference.

Good news though. You could prob make a run for governor of ny. You certainly have the right mindset. 

Just my opinion. And in this case, Im not wrong

• Sun, Apr 10 2016 9:05 AM In reply to

erickench:
    The only repeat offenders that should be opposed are the concurrent ones.

In YOUR opinion.  You are entitled to it but unfortunately are in the minority and most voters do not agree with you so chances are slim to none that you succeed.

But your loss doesnt give you the right to sit here and judge anyone.

I did NOT judge anyone. I expressed my belief that repeat offenders do not deserve to have their driving privileges reinstated.  Just because you don't like it and it affects you doesn't automatically make me wrong.

Your obviously a bitter person, and clearly much less of a person for taking pleasure on the lives of others being devastated by this situation.

Not at all.  You don't even know me but pass judgment based on the one view point I express here which is contrary to your entitled opinion that you deserve all the privileges in the world despite what bad choices you make.

The problem is that the powers that be don't care enough to take the time to come up with a plan that works.

They DO have a plan that works.  NOT my problem that you don't like it.  You should have made better choices.  

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Sun, Apr 10 2016 9:13 AM In reply to

Im not a repeat offender. So no, I dont like it. And for that reason, neither should you.

• Sun, Apr 10 2016 9:34 AM In reply to

OK guys..  She can't help that what she thinks and feels is the correct and only way things should be.  

Arguing with her is pointless and like arguing with a tree or brick wall.  You are wasting your time.

I love getting her fired up though..  It's easy to do..  :)

Closed minded individuals lack the compassion and wisdom to examine an issue and come up with a solution..  (sounds like Andy?)  We had rules in place that did punish repeat offenders and gett them off the roads..  Some folks did not learn and terrible things happened so every single living soul in this state who had a lapse of judegemnet must pay dearly for it!  (I didn't notice the jack-boots on your selfie pic)..

Cuomo's plan that supposedly works has done nothing but release an army of unlicensed drivers upon our state's highways..  (~1 in every 5)

NOBODY in this blog EVER caused YOU your loss so why not go suck the happiness out of someone else's day CM!

PS-  Your loincloth needs cleaning..  

Page 49 of 99 (1474 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community