New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Fri, May 26 2017 2:48 PM by Concerned grandmother. 1,670 replies.
  • Wed, Mar 22 2017 9:27 PM In reply to

• loop46
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 15

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

https://www.lifesafer.com/blog/new-york-now-longer-memory-repeat-dwi-crimes/

this is already a stiff law and there should have never been a lifetime look back. I just want to work in upstate ny with out being strapped to local *** box factories due to not being able to drive. These laws force to bring up my folish childhood i thought i out grow. if they are going to inforce laws then they should stick to the laws that were rightfully set in place by the goverment. 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 12:01 AM In reply to

loop46:

https://www.lifesafer.com/blog/new-york-now-longer-memory-repeat-dwi-crimes/

this is already a stiff law and there should have never been a lifetime look back. I just want to work in upstate ny with out being strapped to local *** box factories due to not being able to drive. These laws force to bring up my folish childhood i thought i out grow. if they are going to inforce laws then they should stick to the laws that were rightfully set in place by the goverment. 

Governor Cuomo states, “keep these reckless individuals out of the driver’s seat.”  <<<--  What an asshat!

The folks this screws over will just continue to drive since they don't have any other viable option to work & pay bills and live thier lives thus support their families..  

The more our Politically motivated self proclaimed Kings and Clergymen in our society decide what is best for the peons under their rule, the worse and more profound our troubles become..  

That is an older article (2014) but the quest continues!

Don't Judge me by my past-  I don't live there anymore!

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 1:03 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 110

So I still never got an answer can anyone show me in writting where it states if you need an evaluation by an OASAS counselor within a year of reapplication. Ive looked on their website and even looked at my denial letter...it says nothing of the kind.  On another note..I even called an OASAS provider near me and oddly enough they never even heard of these new regulations. 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 1:50 AM In reply to

See the Additional requirements section in the DMV website HERE

Or you can call your friendly DMV DIB folks..

All I got...

Don't Judge me by my past-  I don't live there anymore!

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 2:16 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 110

Thank you. Thats what I was looking for

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 8:54 AM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 64

erickench, what do you care? you're moving to Alabama or whatever, so why do you care? you bring nothing to the discussion and are negative to our outcome. enjoy Alabama and please, for the love of god, stop posting here. no one gives a shlt about what you're doing, how you threatened to sue, etc.

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 9:39 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 110

Thank you king. Ive been saying this for months now about this hump. The guy is a scammer and thinks he knows it all. 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 10:07 AM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 64

yes erickench, you're right. the one judge sat in the back because he wasn't appointed by Cuomo.... seriously, get off this site. you are by far the most useless person that posts on this forum. 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 10:46 AM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

I love how Sills compared these regulations to Trumps travel ban (that was struck down).  I hope it works.  The judges seemed harsh though. 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 12:38 PM In reply to

Did the webcast need to be watched live, or is there a way to still watch? I would love to see it.

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 12:59 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

You can watch an archived feed next Monday I believe.  Although I am biased, I thought Sills hammered some good arguments.  Cuomo  drapes himself in this anti Trump image, but what he did is exactly the same.  He claimed a false emergency to by pass what legislatures have always done by granting executive powers.  

I also liked when one of the justices sited 19 waivers to make an argument that the DMV is doing this case by case.  Sills replied with "what are those conditions in which the waivers were granted"!  I was surprised that there were 19 waivers!  I would love to know who and why these were given!  The DMV hasn't told us who and why, and probably never will.  

I don't see us winning, but if it's any consolation, it will be for political reasons!! 

• Thu, Mar 23 2017 2:06 PM In reply to

Thanks... But they seriously argued that 19 people out of 10000 proves that they are operating a fair case by case system? Thats 0.19%  That argument is more absurd than the actual regulation.  Sounds more like 0.19% of the people going through this had some sort of connection to help them out. Just sayin... 

Page 95 of 112 (1671 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community