The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Fri, Jun 23 2017 7:28 PM by Billy G. 1,747 replies.
  • Sat, Apr 1 2017 7:51 AM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 1 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 19

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

I can't apply till July 30th 2019. I have no excuses and won't make any. But I just don't understand with interlock devices and possible yearly evaluations, why can't we get a conditional license. I'll even take the idp program yearly. There is no reason we can't prove our selves in that extended 5 year period that we are capable of being productive citizens. I live in very rural area. Public transport is almost nil. It's a dam shame the state  will go out of there way to help a rapist or pedophile but treat us like we're the scum of the earth. 

• Sun, Apr 2 2017 5:27 AM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

Tax Agent, do think the DMV wins this one because the legislature hasn't passed any law to limit the DMV's discretion?

• Wed, Apr 5 2017 6:32 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 152

Duff101:

It's a dam shame the state  will go out of there way to help a rapist or pedophile but treat us like we're the scum of the earth. 

Thats the way this country is these days! We reward *** and keep taking from the good! Its a sad world we live in it really is and the politicians are the sadest of them all! I really think they want it that way sometimes..The more they hold down people the more peole need their help, The more power they have to control...Im really disgusted with it all especially this state!

• Wed, Apr 12 2017 7:03 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

I wonder how the death of one of the judges will impact the ruling on the Sills case.

• Wed, Apr 12 2017 7:34 PM In reply to

• Frankie K
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 23 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 17

Means more years of waiting ..Thats NY ..Sad .. I'm sure she was a great person to thos who knew her ..But NY will use it as an excuse to put every issue off ..The higher ups that make decisions that effect everyday peoples lives are so far out of touch with reality ..take it from a vet 

• Thu, Apr 13 2017 11:29 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • Posts 120

Has anyone talked to sills to get his opinion on how it will impact us if at all? Honestly hes the only opinion that matters right now in my eyes..he would know more than anyone..

• Thu, Apr 13 2017 4:14 PM In reply to

The NY Times reports  it looks like it was suicide . I believe she was one of the most vocal judges against Mr. Sills. Interesting stuff......It will no doubt delay everything.

• Sat, Apr 15 2017 2:46 PM In reply to

Hey Mule Skinner and everybody using this awesome forum to vent about this screwed up topic. I just found all of you fellow suffer's today! I knew there was other people going through this but I had no idea there was so many of you. I no longer feel so alone. I have been reading alot of your posts for hours and I hate to say it but I feel alot better knowing you are all out there! I wish I would have found this site back in 2012 when they passed this ridiculous law. I've missed out big time! I will post my story later but for now I have to go because I'am exhausted. In the meantime I'am very happy to have found all of you!

• Sat, Apr 15 2017 3:47 PM In reply to

Welcome to the mire. There were 7500 of us and now think the number is up to 13,000. Pull up a chair, tell us how it happened, where is your life now? We are here to share our stories,offer thoughts.

if anyone knows the 19 people who got through extenuating and compelling circumstances and were issued a  license .I would love to hear how different theirs are from mine. I know a guy in Ellenville couldn't drive and he needs kidney dialysis.

My guess is that the DMV gave people  license because they knew about the oral arguements and needed to show people have been  successful .

someone please help us.

• Sun, Apr 16 2017 9:19 AM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 152

Mule skinner:

if anyone knows the 19 people who got through extenuating and compelling circumstances and were issued a  license .I would love to hear how different theirs are from mine. I know a guy in Ellenville couldn't drive and he needs kidney dialysis.

My guess is that the DMV gave people  license because they knew about the oral arguements and needed to show people have been  successful .

Or maybe those extenuating circumstances came with a envelope full of cash..I wouldnt be a bit suprised to find out or someone was a neice of nephew of a big shot in the DMV

I was just diagnosed with COPD..My girlfriends mom was as well and she got herself a handicap card for her car...I think I am going for it myself..Maybe if we lose that will be an extenuating circumstance for me? 

Probably NOT!

Its a damn shame that we even have to go threw trying every excuse in the book to try and live a normal life after it was wrongfully taken away from us in such a manner!

Im thinking the only other option some of us may have god forbid we lose is that DMV purposely did not approve applications under the old regulations awaiting the new policy to come into effect...Not all of us fall under that circumstance but Im sure there are a lot! My application was in by April or May of 2012...I heard crickets until November when they denied me...It does not take that long to go threw a licensing! It was done on purpose which means they were holding people responsible for a policy thats not in effect yet and thats not fair treatment..

That one witch judge who kept interrupting Sills said in one of her last statements that, She believes Sill thinks everyone is entitled to a license and they are not..I wish he would have said to her... No, not everyone is entitled to a license but everyone is entitled to fair treatment! 

• Sun, Apr 16 2017 9:28 AM In reply to

If that judge was fighting depression, she should have removed herself from serving at the bench. These are  supposed to be the best of the best judges. I can go on about it. He battle was not that different from ours. She should have reached out for help, she seemed to have all of the answers for Mr. Sills. 

Clearly she did not have her wits sitting there in March. I went through depression when  I received my last denial letter and from my article 78 denial.

stay strong people

Page 101 of 117 (1748 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community