New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Fri, May 26 2017 2:48 PM by Concerned grandmother. 1,670 replies.
  • Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:10 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 1 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 19

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

No public transportation where i live. They didnt care. Live 8 miles from town.  

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:11 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 1 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 19

I live 8 miles from town and no public transportation avaiable. In my area. Very limited service. 

• Wed, Apr 26 2017 12:59 PM In reply to

Join the crowd, I am sure everyone who has tried to get a  drivers license has used the same rational needs, work , Doctor,store etc. 

Mr.Sills even tried to say that to the court.  It's is just stupid  bureaucratic  BS.  I've said it before, if I had a heroine problem and got clean, they would slap me on the ass and say good boy. Someone needs to see the issues we are all facing and amend the regulation. The law  hasn't changed

• Sun, Apr 30 2017 3:39 PM In reply to

• loop46
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 15

Has anyone heard any news on a discussion. I understand there is a judge appreciate but how to hear some kind of news. 

• Mon, May 1 2017 3:42 AM In reply to

loop46:

Has anyone heard any news on a discussion. I understand there is a judge appreciate but how to hear some kind of news. 

I'm not sure what you are asking. There won't be any news about the court case now until the court releases its opinion. The discussions of the judges are confidential, so none of that is public.

• Mon, May 1 2017 11:09 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

If I am not mistaken, I think this is week 6 since the oral arguments.  I wonder if we will hear anything.

• Tue, May 2 2017 11:22 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • NY
    • Posts 110

Justia.......As taxagent said....pretty much have to wait until the court releases their descision.  Keep in mind there is no time deadline..it could be tomorrow..could be in 6months. Do you understand this process? Its NYS they dont have to move fast for ANYONE especially this. They think the longer they take the longer they keep us off the road.

• Tue, May 2 2017 11:53 AM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 64

there were 3 oral arguments, including ours, on March 23rd. the other 2 decisions were issued today. if it's not tomorrow, it will be very soon. praying for a good outcome.....

• Tue, May 2 2017 2:01 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 110

Im curious to know if this is somerhing that would make the news or not.. if someone wasnt part of this forum how would they know..how will we know their decision? Just by checking the website? I would think if we won this appeal it would make the news bc of the amount of people it effects. If we loose it of cource wont make news and get swept under the rug bc they want to hide the fact that our justice system supports unconstitutional regulations

• Tue, May 2 2017 5:50 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 128

Anyone know approx how many people are effected by this? Just curious

• Tue, May 2 2017 5:58 PM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • NY
    • Posts 110

Last I heard there was 8,500...that was a number that was well over a year ago. Id be real suprised if that number wasn't over 10,000 by now..not sure though.

• Tue, May 2 2017 8:43 PM In reply to

• Billy G
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 24 2016
    • NY
    • Posts 128

m j c04:

Last I heard there was 8,500...that was a number that was well over a year ago. Id be real suprised if that number wasn't over 10,000 by now..not sure though.

Wow! Well something has to be done to prevent these people from ruining the rest of our lives and preventing us from ever starting over even if its in another state! Its totally outrageous...I dont know if Im correct but I have said in the past that they love to claim driving is a privelage not a right. But when our state puts out regulations that prevent us from ever driving again in the entire country while people in other states do not have to suffer the same fate, To me that comes down to rights...NO? EG..If I lived in a different state and got 3 DWI's I can get my licences reissued there or any other state that does not have the 3 DWI regulation but yet just because our DWI's were in NY we have to suffer never driving again in any state while others can with maybe even worse records! If other states are not going to allow NY'ers to get a license in their state than they should either aquire the same regulation or that part of the NDR or Compact (whatever u call it) needs to be dropped! Why should a person who lives in say alabama who has 4 DWI's have the ability to get his/her license back and legally drive in or move to and have a legit license issued to them even in another state when we cant? That comes down to rights dont you think? It wouldnt be so bad if we could move and start over because I am actually tired of this *** corrupt state anyway! I work in NYC and I see how these people are like voltures! Everything is about money money money! Parking tickets, $5.00 and hour to park on the street! .80 cent vig that goes to the city when you take a cab , $15.00 tolls, 18.75 tax rate if you park your car in a parking garage! Its incredible the corruption that goes on and yet they claim they are broke! They are now the new organized crime....The polititions that run this state should be fuckin hung in town square and Cuomo should be the first one!

• Tue, May 2 2017 9:27 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

I think in the oral arguments on March 23rd they said something like 13,500

• Wed, May 3 2017 4:10 AM In reply to

• loop46
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 15

13500matbe the number of people like us but double or triple that to count the family members that have to suffer along with them. Your talking more in lines of 25k to 30k. 

• Wed, May 3 2017 4:11 AM In reply to

• loop46
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 15

13500 maybe the number of people like us but double or triple that to count the family members that have to suffer along with them. Your talking more in lines of 25k to 30k. 

Page 103 of 112 (1671 items) « First ... < Previous 101 102 103 104 105 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community