The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Latest post Tue, Jun 27 2017 6:59 AM by loop46. 1,754 replies.
  • Thu, May 18 2017 1:28 PM In reply to

• Justitia
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 19 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 30

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questionsAny Wor

Hahaha  Now that the highested court in New York has granted DMV with unlimited power, watch Coumo try to prove that he is an "Alpha" male that gets *** done!  The DMV just rewrote people's sentences, watch them do it again before any of them can get past the first rewrite!!!  I bet they require a life time interlock ignition after 2 DWIs now.  It the strengthing of these laws can just get tougher each year, without your driving record changing!   But that's justice!

• Thu, May 18 2017 1:38 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 1 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 19

Ill take lifetime interlock. Give me at least a conditional license. I got 2 years left. Been 4 years now. Since the court ruling ive been driving to get things i need and dentist today. Im not begging for rides anymore. Rural area and no family. Its to much to depend on friends. Cab in town each way is 60 bucks. No thanks ill take the risk 

• Thu, May 18 2017 3:24 PM In reply to

• Frankie K
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 23 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 17

Hey people .. theres a facebook page "The people vs NEW YORK STATE DMV against  unfair treatment &regulations" If your not already a member please join !! We are trying to organize a rally up in Albany we need as many people as we cant get ..the more the better ..Also want to lobby the Legislature ,DMV & the Governor ..I know a lot have given up & ask what good will it do? My answer to that is sitting on your ass & crying about it wont do any good either !!!! Most people dont know whats going on including politicians... Time to disrupt the powers that be up in Albany & your local politicians ..The local government uses administrative agencies to skirt the constitution & NY is the worst !!!

• Thu, May 18 2017 3:59 PM In reply to

• Frankie K
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 23 2017
    • NY
    • Posts 17

Edit to last post !!!! We need all the people we CAN get!!

• Fri, May 19 2017 6:54 AM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 24 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 72

Re: New NYS Repeat DWI offender regulations questions

Here in N.Y.S. an article written by Jennifer R. Guzmán in a local newspaper and folks you can't make this up. Just click on the link below and read.

http://buffalonews.com...

Also anyone looking to vent against andie boy cuomo should know that if you try to get a message thru via Twitter he'll never see/read it. Instead if you have a Twitter account look for https://twitter.com/RichAzzopardi . He's andie boys spokesman and mouthpiece.

TheHalf

• Fri, May 19 2017 8:23 AM In reply to

• thehalf
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 24 2013
    • NY
    • Posts 72

In regards to my previous post anyone within this forum that is a New York State resident may want to familiarize yourself with NY State Assembly Bill A4050. Take a look at the links below and wouldn't it figure that the bill and its sponsors are all Democrats.

https://openstates.org...

https://www.nysenate.g...

TheHalf

• Fri, May 19 2017 8:59 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • Posts 122

That bill has absolutely nothing to do with me..I could careless to be honest. 

• Fri, May 19 2017 9:06 AM In reply to

• m j c04
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 27 2015
    • Posts 122

Just went last week to a OASIS dmv approved counselor. Cost me $140..passed drug and alcohol test and did evaluation. Got the proper paperwork to go ahead and submit approval from driver improvement in albany. Hopefully ill be back on the road by end of the year good luck to all.

• Fri, May 19 2017 11:25 AM In reply to

• KingCuomo
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 14 2014
    • NY
    • Posts 67

I'm a bit disgusted by how our futures were "judged" by someone who not only took their own life, but was married 4 f*cking times!!! And they think we don't have our shlt together..... :

http://nypost.com/2017/05/19/judge-who-washed-up-along-hudson-cut-husband-out-of-her-estate/

• Fri, May 19 2017 3:17 PM In reply to

could someone please tell me how long a revocation period is for 4 dwi's, does this revocation period start when the ticket is issued and supposedly points are gone from your license after 18 months, do they show up again with this new 25 year look back thing???? thanks!!

• Fri, May 19 2017 3:38 PM In reply to

Does Vinces law and Charlottes law at 15 year lookback have any control over Cuomos regulations?

• Fri, May 19 2017 5:37 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 19

4 dwi in a 25 yr period will result with an additional 5 yr revocation. This starts when original revocation from the court ends. The court revocation begins at conviction 

I have 3 dwi's and its whats happening to me. Convicted july 2013 and cant apply to till july 2019. Not eligible for conditional license either. 

• Fri, May 19 2017 6:00 PM In reply to

Thank you Duff 101, what you're saying is 5 years total from conviction to applying, can they still deny you?

• Fri, May 19 2017 6:39 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 19

Its 5 yrs in addition to original revocation. Yes if you have a serious driving offense or annexcessive amount of tickets they can put you in a lifetime revocation. 

• Fri, May 19 2017 6:41 PM In reply to

• Duff101
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • NY
    • Posts 19

https://dmv.ny.gov/tic...

Page 109 of 117 (1755 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community