Reduction in sentence of an OVI suspension

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Tue, Sep 1 2015 3:46 AM by david wilson. 8 replies.
  • Mon, Jun 29 2015 4:05 PM

• Brian Y
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 29 2015
    • OH
    • Posts 4

Reduction in sentence of an OVI suspension

Back in 5/2011 I received my third conviction for an OVI in a span of three years. The judge slapped a maximum sentence for fines and a driving suspension of ten years. I went to jail for three months also. Since 11/11/2011 I have been sober and have turned my life around in many ways. I impressed my probation officer and after three years of having no license or privileges I received full privileges (I was permitted to drive anywhere) with yellow tags and an ignition interlock.

Since then I have had my tags and interlock for 14 months with no failures. I have written the Judge about my progress and how far I have come.

I plan on going back soon to ask for the removal of the interlock device but really want to ask her to consider reducing my sentence, the not having a valid driving license has really affected my income since my previous vocation required one and I have bee sober like I have mentioned.

What is the best way to do this? I asked the clerk of courts and she did not know. I may just do it when I motion for removing the interlock. I really cannnot afford a lawyer.

• Mon, Jun 29 2015 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: Reduction in sentence of an OVI suspension

Brian Y:
    not having a valid driving license has really affected my income

I don't understand. How do you not have a valid driving license when you

Brian Y:
    received full privileges (I was permitted to drive anywhere) with yellow tags and an ignition interlock.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Mon, Jun 29 2015 7:36 PM In reply to

I am sorry.  Nobody likes these situations.  

I honestly think the only thing you could do is pull together money for a pro lawyer that knows this stuff.  If you do not, you won't likely succeed.  I'm REALLY sorry.   But this dui stuff is complcated.  You'd have to live it 24/7 to know it and even each then Each state in the United States is differerent.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:01 AM In reply to

• Brian Y
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 4

My driver license is still suspended, the driving privs I received from Judge state I can drive anywhere I want but I have to have the yellow tags and interlock device.

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:13 AM In reply to

• Brian Y
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 4

I appreciate your concern.

The problem is that I am going to have alot of trouble coming up with the money right now but I may go ahead and try to get a free consultation and then see how much it would actually be.

I live in Ohio by the way if anyone out there is familiar with there laws.

I think I can file mitigation papers for a motion for a sentence reduction to the judge, prosecuter and clerk of courts.

Thanks

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:21 AM In reply to

You license is suspended? But you can still drive? You just need to blow into some device and have yellow tags on the car?

Is that right?

Nobody is probably noticing so much as you think.

Why not just park way back in the lot where noone is going to notice you.  I sure would not notice but I am not entirely normal so do not go by me.  Go to your work, push through your time, and eventually, you'll be done with it

They currently call this a "time out".  You are being punished for something.  I have no clue if you really did it or not but it is.  It sounds like you have to just do your time out and when it's over, you'll be past it.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 9:45 AM In reply to

• Brian Y
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 4

I wish it was that simple. I still have six years to go on my suspension. The jobs I had before all required that I have a valid drivers license so that I could drive to the work sites in a company car. Now I have been having to take factory jobs that pay much less. I am 52 years ols and I am having to start all over in my work life making barely enough to survive. Anyway, thanks for yorr concern. I will just have to figure something out. Have a good one.

• Tue, Jun 30 2015 12:39 PM In reply to

Well, I myself am 51 years old, so I do understand life and finding a job is more difficult for sure as we get older.

It is interesting to me, that police officers and employers are VERY interested in your status of having a drivers license.  They kind of assume you should have one so I'm noticing.

Now a passport might not be a bad idea for you to get either.  It's idenity and you should have that.

The interesting fact I noticed about a month ago was that in another US state, my "friend" could not buy booze wih an identity card.  It had to be a drivers license. I had to use mine to buy it for her.  I don't think even God himself could have bought it without a driver's license.  Very strange.

The laws are strange and different wherever you travel.  Be careful and I wish you the very best of luck.

I of course want you to be able to feed yourself and your family.  

Best of luck!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community