Discrimation in hiring.

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:49 PM by Semon Sehal. 5 replies.
  • Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:06 PM

• chloema1
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Posts 60

Discrimation in hiring.

I work for the federal goverment, the VA to be exact. I have been trying to get a fulltime postion a the VA and have been unsucessful in  doing so. I noticed that the last 5 hires have been black and most of the hires are hire via a panel that selectes the candidate. The panel that I was interviewd for had 2 black people and one white. Can I file and EEOC complaint based on the pattern of hiring non-white candiates and a biased panel?

• Mon, Jul 6 2015 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: Discrimation in hiring.

chloema1:
    Can I file and EEOC complaint based on the pattern of hiring non-white candiates and a biased panel?

Anyone can file a complaint.  Can you prove that the reason the candidates were hire is BECAUSE of their race? It isn't enough that they all share the same characteristic.  Also, what proof do you have the panel is biased?  

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Mon, Jul 6 2015 9:34 PM In reply to

chloema1:
    Can I file and EEOC complaint based on the pattern of hiring non-white candiates and a biased panel?

No. You are a federal employee, and the EEOC doesn't take complaints on discrimination by the federal government until you have first exhausted your agency’s internal EEO process. The EEOC explains the process that federal employees must use here: Overview of Federal Sector EEO complaint process

• Wed, Jul 29 2015 12:55 PM In reply to

• Lotzaspotz
      Consumer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 26 2004
    • LA
    • Posts 89

Status as a veteran or a disabled veteran may impact preference decisions, as well.  There are normally preference points involved for disabled veterans, veterans, and spouses of disabled veterans or spouses who survive deceased veterans who have passed away as a result of service-connected disabilities.  I don't know if any of this applies here, as you didn't address it.

• Thu, Jul 30 2015 1:48 PM In reply to

chloema1:
    I noticed that the last 5 hires have been black and most of the hires are hire via a panel that selectes the candidate. The panel that I was interviewd for had 2 black people and one white. Can I file and EEOC complaint based on the pattern of hiring non-white candiates and a biased panel?

I assume you asked this question because you believed there was a possibility that the answer might be yes.

Putting aside the inapplicability of the EEOC to federal employees, in order for the answer to this question to be yes, it would have to be the law that anytime a person of Race X hires person who is also of Race X, the employer is subject to a race discrimination claim.  Likewise, it seems that you must believe that "the last 5 hires" were hired because they're black and not because they're qualified.  That's pretty racist of you, don't you think?  Do you have reason to think that the "last 5 hires" weren't qualified for their jobs and/or that there were non-black applicants who were more qualified?

• Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:49 PM In reply to

That's really discriminating. You have to take help from federations

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community