Driving While License Suspended Carol Stream, IL (Du Page)

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Jul 30 2015 10:27 PM by Taxagent. 2 replies.
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:34 PM

• RyGUY7734
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 30 2015
    • IL
    • Posts 1

Driving While License Suspended Carol Stream, IL (Du Page)

Hello

I was recently pulled over for Driving on a Suspended License. The reason for my suspended liense was based on the fact that I forgot about a court date back in March for a speeding ticket in Febuary. 

I do not have any prior DUIs. Nor do I have any prior for driving on a suspended licenese. My driing record is ok. Its primarily speeding tickets. Its been pretty clean the past 3 years. 

What are I looking at? I noticed on my ticket that it was Not marked people of the state versus myself it was the town of Carol Stream. I beleive they have there in house proceuctor?

• Thu, Jul 30 2015 7:00 PM In reply to

Re: Driving While License Suspended Carol Stream, IL (Du Page)

RyGUY7734:
    What are I looking at?

My guess is big fines and big reinstatement fee.

Make sure you have about $1000 in your checking account the day you go to court.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Driving While License Suspended Carol Stream, IL (Du Page)

If you are charged with the state law offense of driving on suspended license in Illinois, that is a class A misdemeanor criminal offense in Illinois. 625 ILCS 5/6-303(a). The maximum penalty for class A misdemeanor offense is up to a year in jail, up to 2 years probation/conditional discharge, and/or a fine of up to $2,500. 730 ILCS 5/5-4.5-55. Because this is a misdemeanor criminal offense, you’d end up with a criminal record that could cause you additional difficulties, like getting jobs, etc. I think you'd be wise to consult an attorney in IL who handles traffic matters. You may be able to get this reduced to some kind of infraction or at least avoid jail time. 

You will, of course, also need to deal with the speeding ticket and any failure to appear charge that resulted from failing to go to court on that.

At a minimum, I expect you'll end up paying a lot in fines, court costs, etc., out of this. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community