wellness check by police

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:46 AM by james1008. 9 replies.
  • Wed, Aug 26 2015 7:09 AM

wellness check by police

Many of the regulars on this forum know I have a crazy ex girlfriend.

Well, she's figured out where I staying.  And so as much as weekly, I get a wellness check by the police in the middle of the night.  If I don't answer this girl's phone calls, she's calling police claiming to be my mom, my grandmother, whatever and police are at the door.

It's not just upsetting to me, but all around me in the same apartment complex.  People take notice of police showing up, and wonder what the trouble is.

I know it's this girl, but I don't know how to get her to just leave me alone?

I've blocked her calls, but I still receive the messages.

She says "I won't be ignored!"

I mean can anyone just call the police on any address, and say I'm their father, or whatever, and the police apparently have to respond, and actually have a right to enter the home by force if needed to be sure?  My experience has been yes they can because they do.  

I have spoken to the police and they say they must check if someone asks for a wellness check.

I have already filed several police reports against this girl for stealing from me, domestic violience, everything from money to my car.  There is also a restraining order.  But how do I stop her from these random calls where I have police showing up in the middle of the night to check on my saftey?

Moving seems to be the only answer I can come up with.  Thoughts?

My thoughts are to move and use a PO box for mail.

This girl has been nothing but trouble and my only answer is to relocate somewhere else and hope she can't find me.  

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 7:15 AM In reply to

Re: wellness check by police

Try to get the police to prosecute her for calling in bogus wellness check reports. See about having the restraining order modified to include making wellness reports or similar reports to the police. Or move and don't give her any info to help find you. 

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 9:03 AM In reply to

superman1:

This girl has been nothing but trouble and my only answer is to relocate somewhere else and hope she can't find me.  

You are your own worst enemy.

You've taken her back so many times when you shouldn't have that it's poetic justice that you can't get rid of her now.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Wed, Aug 26 2015 9:03 AM In reply to

None of this has anything to do with civil rights.  While your post raises some legal issues, none of the questions you asked do, and all you really seem to be asking is how to deal with a crazy ex-girlfriend.

superman1:

Well, she's figured out where I staying.  And so as much as weekly, I get a wellness check by the police in the middle of the night.  If I don't answer this girl's phone calls, she's calling police claiming to be my mom, my grandmother, whatever and police are at the door.

It's not just upsetting to me, but all around me in the same apartment complex.  People take notice of police showing up, and wonder what the trouble is.

If I lived in a place where the police have nothing better to do than to conduct "wellness checks" at the behest of any unverified person claiming to be a relative, I'd move.

superman1:
    I know it's this girl, but I don't know how to get her to just leave me alone?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence isn't a question.  If you intended to ask a question, I cannot discern any question that we could possibly answer.

superman1:
    I mean can anyone just call the police on any address, and say I'm their father, or whatever, and the police apparently have to respond, and actually have a right to enter the home by force if needed to be sure?

Not sure what the point of this question is in light of the following two sentences.

superman1:
    But how do I stop her from these random calls where I have police showing up in the middle of the night to check on my saftey?

How the heck should we know?

superman1:
    Moving seems to be the only answer I can come up with.

I agree.  The further away, the better.

I suppose you could also consult with a local attorney about suing the police department for an injunction to stop the "wellness checks."

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 10:18 AM In reply to

The truth is, I'm into this for the same reason as any man.  She's good at a few things left nameless.

I just failed to understand the abilities of a girl who is not in her right mind.  

She can be sent to rehab forever, it changes nothing.  She will come out, promise me the world, and deliver me the same thing.  The sad part of it is, I want to believe her, and she means it when she says it.

You could put a lie detector on her, and it would never register.  She means what she says.  She just doesn't deliver on it.

Next thing you know, it's midnight, and the car keys, car, and cash are missing and so is she.

She shows up hours later sorry as can be.  How many times do you take that?  Most men once.  Superman, too many now!

I'm just going to move to another state.  

Oh yes, and I write a book on it.  Though Jack, would anyone believe the stories:) LOL

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 11:06 AM In reply to

superman1:
    The truth is, I'm into this for the same reason as any man.  She's good at a few things left nameless.

Yeah, but there comes a point where the screwing you get ain't worth the screwing you take.

And you reached that point a long time ago.

superman1:

Oh yes, and I write a book on it.  Though Jack, would anyone believe the stories:) LOL

Well, everybody believed this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileen_Wuornos

I've got a title for your book:

"Descent Into the Abyss"

• to keep and bear arms,
  • Wed, Aug 26 2015 12:27 PM In reply to

....ummm....ok.  Maybe you ought to check out www.DrRuth.com (or something of that ilk).

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 1:49 PM In reply to

ca19lawyer2:

....ummm....ok.  Maybe you ought to check out www.DrRuth.com (or something of that ilk).

interesting

so I gues I say she's GREAT in the bedroom, not bad in the kitchen, and she cleans the house well

however, she's an alcoholic, and a drug addict, and gets violent when she is drunk, drugs follow, money stealing and car stealing following, and beats me up when she's not beating up others and causing other problems.

Sonds like a good late night show on Dr Ruth:)

• Wed, Aug 26 2015 3:20 PM In reply to

superman1:
    Sonds like a good late night show on Dr Ruth:)

More like Jerry Springer.

• to keep and bear arms,
  • Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:46 AM In reply to

• james1008
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 10 2015
    • Posts 1

Please

Try to get the police to prosecute her for calling in bogus wellness check reports. See about having the restraining order modified to include making wellness reports or similar reports to the police. Or move and don't give her any info to help find you.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community