kids abused at dads judge denies motion child attemptsuicide

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Oct 25 2015 1:15 PM by Cicijo. 6 replies.
  • Wed, Oct 21 2015 5:38 PM

• jvasquez
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 21 2015
    • CA
    • Posts 1

kids abused at dads judge denies motion child attemptsuicide

Every time the kids go on their visits to fathers they get abused. The father's girlfriend has done awful things to them as well. Theirs been incident reports filed, medical records stating, even pictures to show markings. Any time have filed to get visitation taken away from father the same judge every time denies the motion. All have develop emotional and behavioral issues that father keeps denying medication to help. Recently one son has done bodily harm to himself when it came time to visit father for weekend. He was on 24 hr mental hold. He was released and his father said he was on his way to pick up the children to finish their weekend as per court order son said " if I have to go back I will kill myself next time." We recently filed for all parental rights to be on temporarily hold until court date in November the same judge then denied motion we filed with statements from 2 of the children also stated photograph evidence, records from hospital, police reports. The father has history of abuse towards the children's mother and still every motion we file to stop children from being harmed has been denied. WHAT DO WE DO???? the children don't want to go back, the mother is afraid of losing her son if he has to go back to dads by suicide. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP US! We have no money for lawyer I've tried talking to people I knew that would know laws better then us but don't want to help. 

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 6:32 AM In reply to

Re: kids abused at dads judge denies motion child attemptsuicide

jvasquez:
    WHAT DO WE DO????

Has the mother tried asking the judge to order supervised visitation?  She'd have to find someone neutral who is willing to provide the supervision, or find some way to pay someone who does supervision professionally.

Here's a link to a CA court-system webpage that explains the rules for supervised visitation.  I recommend you and the mother read it all, especially the part about what qualifications a nonprofessional provider has to have, so you can see if you know anyone who fits the bill and might be willing to volunteer.

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:13 AM In reply to

First, it's not clear who you are in this scenario but there is no "we" here.  There's mom, there's dad and there's the kids.   Mom will have to provide more than bald allegations and claims by the kids.  She needs a therapist who has worked with the kids and can testify that he/she believes it is detrimental to the kids for visits to continue as they currently exist.  The therapist may suggest that dad attend sessions with each child at his/her office so issues can be addressed.  That's what it takes. 

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 10:35 AM In reply to

jvasquez:
    Any time have filed to get visitation taken away from father the same judge every time denies the motion.

Well...if the alleged abuse is as frequent and obvious as you contend, this is hard to understand, and we're obviously in no position to read the court's rulings or any of the papers filed with the court.  Why hasn't the mother appealed any of theese rulings?

jvasquez:
    We recently filed for. . . .

Who are "we" (since it doesn't sound like you're the mother)?

jvasquez:
    WHAT DO WE DO? . . .  PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP US! We have no money for lawyer

There are abundant resources, including legal help, for abuse victims that can be found with simple google searches.

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 3:06 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,419

For example ..if kids are in school, they go to guidance counselor with descriptions of abuse..odds are the guidance counselor is a mandatory reporter by law .

• Thu, Oct 22 2015 5:29 PM In reply to

jvasquez:
    The father has history of abuse towards the children's mother

Has the mother tried asking for help and advice from any battered-womens' shelters in the area?  Some of them have lawyers and/or paralegals on staff to help with the womens' legal issues, since those tend to be just another battleground on which the abuser tries to defeat these women.  Child custody is just such a legal issue, so the help the mother could get from a womens' shelter's staff is likely to be topnotch (and probably free).

jvasquez:
    All have develop emotional and behavioral issues that father keeps denying medication to help. Recently one son has done bodily harm to himself when it came time to visit father for weekend. He was on 24 hr mental hold.

I agree with JamyeP that therapy seems urgently needed.  If they are already getting therapy and it doesn't seem to be helping, maybe try a different therapist - ?

• Sun, Oct 25 2015 1:15 PM In reply to

• Cicijo
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 16 2013
    • IL
    • Posts 60

Your best bet is to ask for supervised visitation instead of asking for visitation to be stopped completely. The father has parental rights and it will take a lot to stop visitation completely.

Has the abuse been reported to CPS (or whatever it's called in your state)? If the abuse is substantiated by them you will have a better chance.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community