The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

Auto Accident

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:55 AM by ca19lawyer2. 4 replies.
  • Fri, Nov 20 2015 3:40 PM

• phepee
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 4 2009
    • KS
    • Posts 17

Auto Accident

I just had got into a test drive car to see if I wanted it, I was facing west at a stop sign just sitting there waiting for traffic to clear, while sitting there a ford F 450 was traveling south pulling a trailer and went to turn east on the same roe I was sitting at facing west and while he was turning the north bound truck hit the trailor causing it to ram into the test drive car I was in causing front end damage. The south bound truck was ticked for failure to yield to on coming traffice, while the north bound truck did not get a citation but due to his skid marks he was speeding but no ticket. 

My question is I received a fracture in my neck and my own insurance company already paid 4500 of my bills, is the car lot that I was test driving car insurance liable for any of my bills? The truck that was going south bound insurance said it was going to pay also but said he only had a twenty five thousand policy and that my bills already exceed that amount so can I get something out of the car lot insurance since I was hurt in there car i was test driving?  This was all in Oklahoma

• Fri, Nov 20 2015 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: Auto Accident

phepee:
    is the car lot that I was test driving car insurance liable for any of my bills?

No.  They didn't hit you.  They aren't responsible for someone else hitting you.  You are free to sue the driver of the vehicle responsible for your injuries.  Consult local counsel.

• Fri, Nov 20 2015 7:09 PM In reply to

phepee:
    The south bound truck was ticked for failure to yield to on coming traffice

That's correct and appropriate.

phepee:
    the north bound truck did not get a citation but due to his skid marks he was speeding but no ticket. 

Skid marks under those conditions are not necessarily indicative of speeding.

phepee:
    is the car lot that I was test driving car insurance liable for any of my bills?  The truck that was going south bound insurance said it was going to pay also but said he only had a twenty five thousand policy and that my bills already exceed that amount so can I get something out of the car lot insurance since I was hurt in there car i was test driving?  

There's no negligence on the part of the car lot so there's no "legal liability" there. However, there's a remote possibility that the car lot's commercial auto insurance could have Underinsured Motorists Coverage that might extend to prospective buyers who test drive their vehicles. Check on it.

Otherwise, if you had car insurance at the time, your own Underinsured Motorists Coverage would come into play.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Sun, Nov 22 2015 10:50 AM In reply to

• phepee
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 4 2009
    • KS
    • Posts 17

Thank You....

• Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:55 AM In reply to

phepee:
    is the car lot that I was test driving car insurance liable for any of my bills?

Nothing in your post suggests it is, and I cannot even conceive why you think it might be.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community