The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

14 year old accused of sexual assult

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Nov 22 2015 9:55 PM by maggieb6. 5 replies.
  • Sun, Nov 22 2015 1:12 AM

• maggieb6
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 19 2013
    • TX
    • Posts 23

14 year old accused of sexual assult

In Kentucky what happens to a 14 yr old if he is convicted of sexual assult?  And is he pegged as a sex offender for life?

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 8:38 AM In reply to

Re: 14 year old accused of sexual assult

He can be.  Depends upon what the exact charge is as well as his prior record.

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 1:19 PM In reply to

• maggieb6
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • TX
    • Posts 23

He has no priors , and his aunts daughter has the charge.  Aunt wanted money from family and said if they paid her she would drop the charges , Family has no money so they go to court on Monday

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 1:32 PM In reply to

The prosecutor files the charges and only the prosecutor can drop the charges.  It's not up to anybody else, including the alleged victim or their family.   The court will appoint an attorney to represent the charged minor. 

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 4:29 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2000
    • PA
    • Posts 51,431

ALERT .an offer to drop a criminal charge in response to a payoff may itself be a crime ...and Aunt might be in big trouble,...it may be a form of extortion....beyond me...but Id sure do some homework  and i.d have good wrotten notes as to facts of the payoff demand made by aunt...time,place.witnesses etc.....

BTW, just how old is the girl ? 

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 9:55 PM In reply to

• maggieb6
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • TX
    • Posts 23

I think the girl is about 6, and rumor has it Mom has done this before in Florida and in Michigan  Sad isn't it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community